• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sky in SC2! Hell Yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
After a little bit of experimentation with the SC2 Editor, I have found a way to have a sky in the editor in a tileset other than Braxis Alpha.

The technique is simple, although it doesn't always work for me, so it's best to take every precaution. Start your map with the Braxis Alpha tileset. Make sure that the Braxis Alpha sky loads properly. Next, make a small mark with each terrain texture for Braxis Alpha in a corner in of the map. Set up a camera that allows you to view the sky. Go to Map -> Map Textures. Select the tileset of your choice, set up your texture replacement as you wish, and push okay. If all goes well, you should now have a completely new sky for your map.

There are some tilesets which still do not have any skies (Korhal, Monlyth, Redstone, and Tarsonis.) However, all other tilesets do have skies. Shown below is a terrain using the Mar Sara sky. Unfortunately, this method only allows you to use the sky which corresponds to the texture set you are using.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Terrain 022.jpg
    Terrain 022.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 536
Level 12
I was looking for skies too. It seems odd that there aren't skies for half of tilesets. Is there any sky with stars (or night sky)?

Braxis Alpha has a pretty nice night-like sky (the planet's only visible if you're looking down). Also, Char has a nice space-like sky with some interesting clouds.

Status
Not open for further replies.