• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple question for change a spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi/Hello, i have change the "life steals(frostmourne) ability (neutral hostile units ability) to hero ability, with many level, but there is 2 problem :

1 : when my hero learn this spell, the icon spell isnt here

2 : all auto attack of the hero do the effect of the spell, i would like this spell to can use and cost mana exactly like "frost arrow / dark arrow" all attack use X mana of the hero.

Im a beginner to make spell, i think this is a big basic, but i really dont know how to change this.

Thx a lot

Level 24
How... Me, myself, and I would approach this:
  1. Take immoloation, remove its stats, (including mana cost.)
  2. Download a damage detection system and install it into the map
  3. Using said damage detection, upon dealing damage check if the unit that caused the damage has our modified immolation buff (the one that appears when it's active.)
  4. Add percentage of damage to health, subtract some mana, if there isn't enough mana order the unit to turn off the ability.
Let me fiddle for a second and I'll show you what they would look like using Bribe's "Damage Engine"
If you're unsure of your ability to understand the system, download the test map and play around with it for a bit and see how it makes everything tick.

• life steal ability
    • Events
      • Game - DamageEvent becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
      • (DamageEventSource has buff Totally not Immolation) Equal to True
      • (Percentage life of DamageEventSource) Less than 100.00
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Mana of DamageEventSource) Greater than or equal to 10.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of DamageEventSource to ((Life of DamageEventSource) + (DamageEventAmount x 0.50))
          • Unit - Set mana of DamageEventSource to ((Mana of DamageEventSource) - 10.00)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of DamageEventSource using Abilities\Spells\Undead\VampiricAura\VampiricAuraTarget.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Order DamageEventSource to Night Elf Demon Hunter - Deactivate Immolation.
I would still like to see a competent user address this if there is a solution to detect frost arrows or something similar... *cough* @Pyrogasm *cough* @Uncle *Cough*

Last edited:
Level 39
I would still like to see a competent user address this if there is a solution to detect frost arrows or something similar...
Yes if you actually base it on frost arrows, since that bestows a buff to the attacked unit. DamageEngine to detect damage from an attack and if the buff exists then it was an instance of this attack modifier ability being used. Immediately remove the buff from the unit and no ill effects will persist.

Status
Not open for further replies.