• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Simple Model Workshop

Level 12
hmmm, did you import all of it?
what custom path did you type? copy-paste it here

Update on my Uther model (will post it here because it currently got rejected XD)
Made his hammer blue by creating a duplicate hammer geoset
It's total file size now is 311 KB

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    613.7 KB · Views: 184
Level 12
Sfx Tutorial by Zyne

- Here I'm gonna teach you how to create sfx my way. First of all Open the model using Magos you want to add a sfx. Open again another Magos and open there a model with the similar sfx yu want to create.*

From here on I'm gonna use Legend (or variables :grin:)
Sfx 1 - your model
Sfx 2 - the sfx model you want to copy

Let's begin. First select Sfx 2 window and open up Node Manager in the 'Windows' tab and find your desired Sfx.*
I'm gonna give you a tip on how you are going to do that. Let's just call this Zyne's technique
Check every sfxs (the boxes with arrows) and open it up, try changing the texture/material it needed into none or something different, if the sfx you want becomes square or different then that is your wanted sfx.*
Let's start off with the Particle Emitter 2 sfx because it's the easiest to understand and learn.
Before you start editing it have a look for on what that sfx texture is using. Now open up Sfx 1 and open up mpq browser (at the bottom of 'Windows' tab)
Now remember what the sfx texture was using because it's name is it's location in the mpq. After you found the texture DO NOT double-click it! Right click it and click, "use as texture". It will now appear in your texture manager. Now open up Sfx 2 again and open up Material Manager under the 'Window' tab and use again the Zyne technique to look for the material that uses the same texture you imported in Sfx 1, now *Copy all of its detail ALL, it has to be exact.*
Last step, open up bothe node manager on Sfx 1 and 2, first of all create a Particle Emitter 2 on Sfx 1 and double click BOTH of the Particle Emitter in Sfx 1 (the one you just created) and on Sfx 2 (the sample sfx) and make sure they are side by side to be easy to copy. COPY ALL THE DETAILS! From animated to the very smallest interger and BAM!

For scaling and recoloring, you see the 3 colors category in the middle? You can change the color of the sfx (some) using that. You can scale the sfx using 2 different methods, using the scale inside the 3 colors category (remember, each scaling scales it's respective color category), another method us by adjusting it's length and width somewhere in the upper left.

Thanks for reading (if you really did)
Just ask me if you had a hard time understanding some parts of the tutorial.

Level 8
Zyne, can you extract Human Tower's model, then change the path:
Buildings\Human\HumanTower\Tower.blp -> To.blp ?
That skin is nothing changed, including the model. I need only a new model with new path of skin. :|

Level 12
@MasterTrainer lol, all of you XD

@Hera_ I don't if it will work, but try the same method I tried when creating sfx

@Hell_Master really? didn't know that because I only convert it to PNG

@huy60vn it's pretty easy you know, I'll teach you, first open up Magos and find the Human Tower in the mpq browser at the bottom of windows tab and open it up and open texture manager under windows tab and select Buildings\Human\HumanTower\Tower.blp and right click it and then export it

Level 30
@MasterTrainer lol, all of you XD

@Hera_ I don't if it will work, but try the same method I tried when creating sfx

@Hell_Master really? didn't know that because I only convert it to PNG

@huy60vn it's pretty easy you know, I'll teach you, first open up Magos and find the Human Tower in the mpq browser at the bottom of windows tab and open it up and open texture manager under windows tab and select Buildings\Human\HumanTower\Tower.blp and right click it and then export it

Ok now the TGA files I cant convert them to BLPs, know any converter. Image Extractor II cant seem to convert the, unknown compression it says.

Level 8
Is your workshop working? It's too quiet for request... :(
@Hell_Master: I tried that tool and I think we should extract by blp1, blp2 is only a... different file, but I don't know what different between them. :\

Level 30
And also, edited the Hellscream (Unpossessed Form where he is still green) and this is the result:

attachment.php

Also works in-game!

@MasterTrainer: It is colinjames' request

@Hera: I exported it at the Texture Manager, putted them at my folder. Opened these BLP files that I exported in Image Extractor II and converted them to TGA. Recolored them at GIMP and again saving them in TGA and opened again Image Extractor II, converted them to BLPs again. Imported in Magos' Model Editor again and it shows fine but in-game doesnt.

Attachments

• Hellscream Re-skin.jpg
    Hellscream Re-skin.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 308
Level 23
Open Callahan's model in the model editor, open the texture manager, right click each texture and export them to a folder. Convert those textures to TGA using wc3viewer. Edited it in photoshop (in your case, GIMP) then converted it again to blp. Opened the model again and imported the new textures in the texture manager, and before deleting the original textures, I reassign the new Blue_Glow2.blp (one of the model's textures) in its material (Namely Material 01014E28, Layer 01014ED0) in the material manager. After that, deleted all of the old textures. Then viola! that should be it. Hope you understood that. x3

Level 30
Open Callahan's model in the model editor, open the texture manager, right click each texture and export them to a folder. Convert those textures to TGA using wc3viewer. Edited it in photoshop (in your case, GIMP) then converted it again to blp. Opened the model again and imported the new textures in the texture manager, and before deleting the original textures, I reassign the new Blue_Glow2.blp (one of the model's textures) in its material (Namely Material 01014E28, Layer 01014ED0) in the material manager. After that, deleted all of the old textures. Then viola! that should be it. Hope you understood that. x3

How do you reassign the Blue_Glow2?

And thanks for the steps, +4 REP!

Level 30
Go to the material manager, double click one of the material stuff there (the one with the Blue_Glow2 should be named Material 01014E28). Double click the Materiallayer (There should be a MaterialLayer there) once it's open, you should see a dropdown menu with the Path of the old texture. Change it there.

Mne has only Material Manager 01577180 and Material 01577208