• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Simple GUI Spell help - Chain lighting

Level 2
New to the map editor, trying to make a spell using Bribes GUI Spell System, each time a chain lightning affects/damages a unit I want it to create a dummy at my location to cast a Spell (storm bolt in this case) at each unit affected/damaged

I already have the dummy that casts but so far I only know how to make it effect the spell target. What would be the most efficient way to make this trigger?

I also tried Damage Engine but I dont know how to detect specific damage from an ability to cause a trigger. It would usually lead to the storm bolt triggering itself and looping until the unit dies.

Last edited:
Level 39
I also tried Damage Engine but I dont know how to detect specific damage from an ability to cause a trigger.
Dummy cast the original chain lightning (hero casts a fake spell that does nothing but choose a target), allowing the dummy to live to the end of the chaining. Check when a unit is damaged by a dummy-type unit that has Chain Lightning level > 0. Cast your other spell with a different dummy unit.