• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Simple Combat System Modifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello All :)

Back with another question :D I was wanting to make a custom combat system, but it would act similar to the normal system. The main change would be how armor works. I had a theory that I wanted to throw out and get some feedback on. I tend to miss the simplest things :p

The idea is that I want to use an armor system such that x armor reduces physical damage by x. The thought came to me that I could give all units a custom ability based on that Mountain Giant armor ability that reduces damage. I could set it to reduce all damage (a really high number), then apply all future damage with a "unit attacks" trigger. Anyone see any major flaws in this?

Level 3
Oh, yeah. Would a different event suit this better? "A Unit Is Attacked?"

Or hmm... what if I stored the health immediately when the trigger went off with "unit attacks" trigger, and compare the life like 0.05 seconds later, and if its lower, then the attack went through and if its the same it didnt. I guess this might have issues with a units being attacked within 0.05 seconds. Maybe I should just look for a vJass system for this lol

Status
Not open for further replies.