• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Damage Detection System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey there,

I'm in high need of a smart damage detection system that allows me to block all damage done in a map unless triggered.
So I want the normal attacks done by units to always do 0 damage, even if they have high attack damage, or their targets have low armor.

All damage has to become coded in the map itself, so it should be possible to make units damage eachother using a function.

I'm pretty sure a damage detect system like this excists, but I haven't got much experience with most of them and wouldn't know which ones would be best to suit the job.

I've been using Intuitive Damage Detection System by Rising_Dusk in the past, but have a feeling this one could be a bit outdated, and I wouldn't know how to create code to completely block all auto attacks.
The only reason I've been using this Damage Dtection System in the past was to show floating combat text.

Is there anyone that could give me some advice on this matter?

Level 25
I've been informed recently that Physical Damage Detection is [one of] the most stable DDS out there, and is has a vJASS version to in case you would prefer it. The ability to differentiate between physical and spell damage is pretty handy, but given you want to trigger all damage, well, maybe that won't be necessary, but who knows.

Level 19
Alright thanks guys.
I'd like to use a system because in the future I also wanna add damage types like Physical, Fire, Water... etc.

Gonna check the system from looking_for_help! Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.