• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Sideways Combat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello,
I want to make some units attack from their sides. Is it possible to do this without triggers? I found a thread that had results that included downloadable maps; however, I get errors when I try to open those maps, and the results there, at least that I could view, were not what I was looking for. If I have to use triggers, could you please tell me how?
Thanks

This is the thread that I found: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/attacking-sideways-177048/

Level 2
Sorry for the late response. Yes, I do want the ship to fire only from its sides, as in: <=> <-- that is the ship. I want it to fire like this:
<=>
...|

"|" is the projectile and the ship is <=>. The "." are just there so that the projectile can be seen in the right place when I submit this comment. I would like it to fire in the same way on the other side of the "=", too.

I am unsure about how to do it via triggers, however. So, I will need some help in that regard.

Level 2
Garfield's map attachment seems to work for me. What errors do you get when you try to open his map?

I get the following errors when the map loads:

-This map has been saved by a more recent version of the editor. It may contain data which are not supported in this version. Continue loading map?

-Trigger function does not exist in database: "InitHashtableBJ"

-Trigger function does not exist in database: "GetLastCreatedHashtableBJ"

-Trigger Function does not exist in database: "SaveUnitHandleBJ"

Status
Not open for further replies.