• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shaders in warcraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I've been reading the PC gaming magazine lately, and, they talked about Dawn of War II. I noticed they said that the game will be using lower poly models but have shaders (and high-res textures), which make them look even better, and so they don't take up alot of memory. I was wondering if it's possible to do with Warcraft III's engine, or on individual models, so that the standard/custom models look much better than they already are (with the shaders). Not to say those models are bad, but just to make them a little higher quality, and 'up-to-date' with some of the present RTSes out there. Any ideas?

Level 15
Oh really? Well, it's a disappointing fact, but atleast I got an answer! Thank you very much.

Edit: Is it possible to edit the Warcraft III engine so it DOES support the newer direct-x versions? I mean, getting a scripter to change the raw code or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.