• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] selectable training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I intend to have Automatic training like in castle fight but multiple different units to switch between.

For this I have auto cast abilities activated to show which unit is going to be trained.

The thing is that while training the other abilities get disabled, so switching which unit to create isn't possible without having to cancel the train order.

The buildings that train units are owned by CPUs to prevent players from using the cancel so these things work against each other. (players can switch auto casts because I've given the buildings a modified shop sharing ability)

Is there a way for me to use abilities while training units or do I have to come up with a work around?

Level 25
Have a dummy building that trains the units, while your own buildings have "select unit to be trained abilities".

Or..

You could have your buildings use mana that they regenerate over time, and that the units cost mana to train, the building will remember (through triggers) the last ability used and will continue to use that one until the the player uses a different ability upon which it will use that ability to train units.

Level 12
Well that's too bad, the thing was that it would show the unit being built and the training progress.

Guess I'll have dummies together with name and time as floating texts instead then.

Status
Not open for further replies.