• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Search Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Searching for models used to be such a joy, now it gives me a headache whenever I find out I need a model.
I think I just don't know how to use this system but when I try select a category: undead, human, building and click search it just shows as if I didn't put any specifications.

Maybe a tutorial on how to navigate this? Like a good one, or maybe a new search engine similar to the one we used to have.

P.S. I think images should be bigger, really.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
When searching by tags, it will find results that have all tags on each result. Basically, searching for undead, human would find only things that have both tags. I think that's where you needed information.

I have plans to make a check box like with authors where you can decidew whether to require all tags or any one of the selected ones. I have already had this suggested to me at least 5-10 times. I am sure @RedCrusader and @Kam would love to pitch in here :D.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I have plans to make a check box like with authors where you can decidew whether to require all tags or any one of the selected ones. I have already had this suggested to me at least 5-10 times. I am sure @RedCrusader and @Kam would love to pitch in here :D.
Yep.
Make it happen.

Last edited:
Level 11
Oh alright, I would have never thought to look there.
Well thanks and I guess it works now though;
From my personal opinion I find it a bit harder to use, especially since the tags are a bit mixed together.
Guess I'll just have to make due with it, still can't quite figure out the tags though as you have "Types (Models): Building" and "Unit (Models): Units", wouldn't that contradict itself?

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Search has been updated. The following change shave been made:

• The option to decide whether results should show ALL selected tags or ANY of the selected tags has been added.
  • Tag filter finds more results.
  • Author filter finds more results.
  • Resource type finds more results.
  • Review state filter finds more results.
  • Is campaign filter finds more results.
  • Game type filter finds more results.
  • Animation name filter finds more results.
  • Has team color and has team glow filters find more results.

Status
Not open for further replies.