• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Saving/ Loading!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Im just about ready to give up. I have a map that needs a saving and loading trigger for the experience, which is contained in a multibord however all the explainations i have had so far confuse me. If i send you my map can you please put in a trigger that will save the Experience interger so that it can be loaded onto the multibord in the next game if a code is put in. (THE EXPERIENCE IS NOT LITERALY HERO EXPEIENCE IT IS AN INTERGER THAT INCREACES AFTER CERTAIN KILLS AND QUESTS) Please help me... This map will be soo good once its done and this is realy all i need to do...

Level 10
yes, thats the point of a save code is as long as the load code doesn't change it will always work.

The save code is like a reference for the game. E.g. 001-012-32

might stand for hero 001(Blademaster) at level 12 and 32 strength or something. The save code is then encrypted, so people can't just go hmm 001-999-99 making a bladmaster lvl 999 with 99 strength.

So as long as the code to read the numbers doesn't change then the save load code will work fine across any battlenet/LAN/local game.

Status
Not open for further replies.