• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

SaveFile from Codeless Save/Load of TriggerHappy

Level 9
Hi guys, i am having a hard time trying to figure out how to put the name and level of the hero to the file named..before i went to use Codeless Save and Load (Multiplayer) - v3.0.1, i sticked to code gen, and i made a file save myself and it worked very easy, but now whatever i try it doesn't go as it's supposed...

So far, i got just the player name on the file, and i want to add the level and hero name.
1714941118890.png
1714941144541.png
1714941172760.png
1714941194359.png
1714941156661.png

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What is happening instead of what you want?

I would imagine the code changes required would be made in the "getPath" method. If the code is reasonably well written, that would be responsible for generating the file names for both saving and loading data.

I am not sure if Warcraft III supports file system operations to look up what files exist in a folder. As such you might need to name your files in such a way that the file path to possible files is always known.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The GetEnumUnit part is likely the issue. Please explain what you are trying to do with the GetEnumUnit function call.

GetEnumUnit takes nothing (not a player) and returns a unit (not a string). A unit cannot be concatenated with a string. I do not see a for group loop for GetEnumUnit to have a context. You might need to pass more state using either a member or as function parameters.