• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RPP-Scale System.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Well, a user is viewed or judged by how much Reputation he/she has.
But this isn't effective enough to be judgable. So RatePerPost-Scale might come in handy.

The Formula:-

Reputation Quantity / Post Quantity = RPP

Just say, a user like maybe Shadow Fury.

He got a reputation of 756 for now. His post count is 1,453.

If we used the formula, Shadow Fury's RRP would be somewhere around 0.52.

This is a more effective way to calculate instead of relying on only Reputation.
This convinces the user to post effectively or useful instead of useless stuff.

Conclusion, the higher the RRP is, the better the user's post is.

Level 23
Here's the thing, this is a modding site, not a teen hangout forum. Honestly, the forums not dedicated to resources are secondary.

This.
Also, even if we were to use such a rep/post system like it somehow mattered, there are some issues.
- There have been times in the past where +rep used to flow like water or not at all. Notice how many users pre-2010 have pretty low rep relative to their posts?
- The WEHZ users are severely under-repped for their work, since majority of the people who rep them are new/infrequent users who have minimal rep-power.

Personally, I have received more +rep showing WIP content than actually creating stuff.
Take that as you will.

Level 21
I don't think this will work out well. Users gain +rep for different reasons. There are people who have an RPP of 2-4 (Mike, Herr Dave) just because they post many useful resources but do not contribute to giving criticism or helping others out. I instead gain most of my rep from map reviews and helping in the WEHZ but my RPP is only a scanty 0.52. So funny it's more than Ralle's (about 0.4). If we were to judge people based on RPP, erroneous decisions could be taken some times. I know that some of the greatest users on Hive have very low RPPs so they shall not be despised for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.