• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 22
The end of a war?
Nope. I don't believe the war will end. Maybe we will see a endless Zyainor empire vs demons conflict? I guess we shall soon find out.

The rise of Gardon?
Most likely.

The revelation of secrets?
We get reveals in every chapter!

The betrayal of a trusted friend?
@LISBOAH said maybe Merlon or Harmos, but my bet is on Brian if this betrayal will happen.

Reunion with a current enemy?
Even if we get the choice to spare Douche i will chose kill.

A tragic end?
I hope it's not a "the demons win since you made wrong choices lol" since you promised you would never do that.

Utter failure?
Same as above.

Or heroic victory?
I would like to call it a temporary triumph.

Level 29
Nope. I don't believe the war will end. Maybe we will see a endless Zyainor empire vs demons conflict? I guess we shall soon find out.

I would like to call it a temporary triumph.

Because it is the mortals' nature to always seek conflict, right?;)
Even if a race managed to wipe out the others, they would just start fighting each other.

@LISBOAH said maybe Merlon or Harmos, but my bet is on Brian if this betrayal will happen.

I don't think Brian will betray Gardon, or at least Gardon would expect it as he always showed mistrust towards him.

Even if we get the choice to spare Douche i will chose kill.

Everyone would choose that option.:D

Level 22
Because it is the mortals' nature to always seek conflict, right?;)
Even if a race managed to wipe out the others, they would just start fighting each other.
I meant it more like a defensive war between Zyainor and the demons, but seeing Gardon he will bring the fight to them so yeah always seeking conflict it is.

I don't think Brian will betray Gardon, or at least Gardon would expect it as he always showed mistrust towards him.
Your best friend can be your biggest enemy too. And Brian keeps a lot of secrets hidden from Gardon so a betrayal from him doesn't seem so far-fetched.
My second guess for a betrayal if it isn't Brian would be Salana.

Everyone would choose that option.:D
Second playthrough! ;)
Although i will regret it at least it's not real life so i can always go back into the past and fix my mistake.

Level 29
I meant it more like a defensive war between Zyainor and the demons, but seeing Gardon he will bring the fight to them so yeah always seeking conflict it is.

True. Until another Genethas shows up, history repeats itself and we are back at square one.

Your best friend can be your biggest enemy too. And Brian keeps a lot of secrets hidden from Gardon so a betrayal from him doesn't seem so far-fetched.

https://pics.me.me/ill-never-ever-leave-my-best-friend-because-that-bastard-7384712.png

My second guess for a betrayal if it isn't Brian would be Salana.

Salana is his puppet...unless someone managed to release her offscreen.

By the way, Shar, will the Elven Queen's twins either reappear or be mentioned again in this campaign?

Level 29
Enter Mr. Sarcastic Rahandir Drakeskull. Shar said he is familliar with Gardon's magic and can break it under certain conditions so he may be possibly the one that releases her.

He only shows knowledge in the Undead Book, so we don't know if he is aware that Gardon uses such magic in the plot of the Human Book.

And why would he do that? What could he gain from doing this? With demons attacking and a civil war occuring, why would he divide the imperials even further at this point?

Level 22
He only shows knowledge in the Undead Book, so we don't know if he is aware that Gardon uses such magic in the plot of the Human Book.
Yeah you're right about that part. I think he knows, but untill it is confirmed it's only speculation.

And why would he do that? What could he gain from doing this? With demons attacking and a civil war occuring, why would he divide the imperials even further at this point?
Gardon would lose all his influence in the elven kingdom.
Why would he need to gain anything, he just does it for the greater good. And if it sounds stupid, just remember that Aridon let the demons regain their strenght while he should have kept them under a close watch to never become a threat again. Greater good for the undead is weird.

And who knows since Rahandir follows and knows some of Aridon's future plans he might as well execute them. Anyway do not take this as canon. It's just speculation. :)

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
By the way, Shar, will the Elven Queen's twins either reappear or be mentioned again in this campaign?
They are babies, they themselves will not do much.
Mentioned? Yes.

Yeah you're right about that part. I think he knows, but untill it is confirmed it's only speculation.
Consider it confirmed. ;)

Level 29
Gardon would lose all his influence in the elven kingdom.

I don't think Gardon would be stupid enough to let his puppet be alone in the middle of a foreign nation without some "special precautions" like bodyguards or security spells.

Why would he need to gain anything, he just does it for the greater good. And if it sounds stupid, just remember that Aridon let the demons regain their strenght while he should have kept them under a close watch to never become a threat again. Greater good for the undead is weird.

Not to mention that Brian seems to be an enemy of Aridon. Maybe Rahandir seeks to settle his master's score.

They are babies, they themselves will not do much.
Mentioned? Yes.

Maybe Rahandir can use them as bargaining chips and trade?
Like "I have the babies of the former Queen. I will give them to you if you [insert condition here]"

Consider it confirmed. ;)

Oh no...

Level 22
I don't think Gardon would be stupid enough to let his puppet be alone in the middle of a foreign nation without some "special precautions" like bodyguards or security spells.
Yeah that will work to an extend but you know Rahandir can pass through walls as see in his short story and i doubt he lost that ability. Let's not forgot while Birram had problems with destroying the security shield to the elven palace Rahandir just entered so defensive spells would be a slight annoyance rather than a problem . So if we take those 2 things into consideration he will bypass a lot of the body guard, the few that are guarding Salana will get killed immediately and her defensive spell would be broken in less than 5 seconds. Yeah please i want a Rahandir nerf!

Not to mention that Brian seems to be an enemy of Aridon.
Or so we are made to believe? ;)

Maybe Rahandir seeks to settle his master's score.
I guess we will have to wait untill chapter 12 to find out.

Level 29
Yeah that will work to an extend but you know Rahandir can pass through walls as see in his short story and i doubt he lost that ability. Let's not forgot while Birram had problems with destroying the security shield to the elven palace Rahandir just entered so defensive spells would be a slight annoyance rather than a problem . So if we take those 2 things into consideration he will bypass a lot of the body guard, the few that are guarding Salana will get killed immediately and her defensive spell would be broken in less than 5 seconds. Yeah please i want a Rahandir nerf!

Rahandir would have made a better assassin than Krom!
Unless Krom has Intagibility, Invisibility to both eyes and magic sensors and super sniper skills.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Here's an update for the Second Human Book!
I HIGHLY advise all of you to play Chapter Nine again since it includes an essential new scene.
I mean... you love that chapter anyway since it brings your hate back, so why not? :3

General:
- Replaced Spiritcaller model
- Replaced all male Footman and Captain models with fixed-arm versions
- Buffed the (Goblin) Airship unit to be more of a match for Destructors

Chapter Nine:
- Raised food cap from 100 to 120 (upkeep has been edited as well)
- Added a new ending scene
- Fixed Genethas dialogue
- Made Lieutenants trainable
- Added a Fountain of Life to the Orc bases
- Fixed Dark Elf AI
- Replaced Black Drake spawns with Black Dragon spawns - have fun!

Level 29
Here's an update for the Second Human Book!

General:
- Replaced Spiritcaller model
- Replaced all male Footman and Captain models with fixed-arm versions
- Buffed the (Goblin) Airship unit to be more of a match for Destructors

Chapter Nine:
- Raised food cap from 100 to 120 (upkeep has been edited as well)
- Added a new ending scene
- Fixed Genethas dialogue
- Made Lieutenants trainable
- Added a Fountain of Life to the Orc bases
- Fixed Dark Elf AI
- Replaced Black Drake spawns with Black Dragon spawns - have fun!

Shar you son of a...:D

Level 11
I personally can't wait for the desire chapter, crushing van durce will be so satisfying, almost as much as crushing genethas while playing as gardon - something we never got to do

Last edited:
Level 9
I was trying to sleep when Shar notified me of the update but I'd say it's too damn early to sleep and I'm house-bound the entire week so what the hell, let's do this.

Level 22
Now i see why you said the Golden guard will build portals to transport troops from their continent to the continent of Arkain. I kind of feel sorry for them... But not for Douche, if i got the option to spare his troops and kill him i will gladly chose that.

Level 10
Not to mention that Brian seems to be an enemy of Aridon. Maybe Rahandir seeks to settle his master's score.

I do not see any signs of them being enemies. More like time ally time foe.

oh boy i cant wait what plans the golden guard have in the future.
Betrayal after betrayal....

Use spoiler tags.
Well well well, sounds like a cleanup operation to me. Send everyone with brains in their heads to die in kingdoms so that dark entity can have the empire for itself. Too bad we gonna kill van Douche. Or maybe not?
Btw I bet that van Douche´s most trusted commanders have names like Champion, fighter and 25 :D

Last edited:

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Emperor is a total douche. Honestly. If there is anyone to be called van Douche, its him.

Level 10
I have to say that chapter 9 is the most cancerous mission so far. (End of an uprising) was also cancerous, but not like this. I was only able to win chapter 9 on easy difficulty. Even normal difficulty seems to be impossible. Whenever I take a goldmine, I get attacked by demons, demon slaves, Rath's Orcs, black dragons and Sasrogarn's Orcs:ogre_rage::ogre_rage:. Don't know how to beat 5 armies that attack every 3-5 minutes:goblin_boom::goblin_boom:. I hope there is somekind of a Walkthrough to this mission at least on normal difficulty. Sorry for using the word "cancer" on describing this:xxd:. Seems like its the best way to describe it haha

Level 10
I have to say that chapter 9 is the most cancerous mission so far. (End of an uprising) was also cancerous, but not like this. I was only able to win chapter 9 on easy difficulty. Even normal difficulty seems to be impossible. Whenever I take a goldmine, I get attacked by demons, demon slaves, Rath's Orcs, black dragons and Sasrogarn's Orcs:ogre_rage::ogre_rage:. Don't know how to beat 5 armies that attack every 3-5 minutes:goblin_boom::goblin_boom:. I hope there is somekind of a Walkthrough to this mission at least on normal difficulty. Sorry for using the word "cancer" on describing this:xxd:. Seems like its the best way to describe it haha

Demons have 4 demon gates and 2 shrines, one on each side of the demon slaves´ base. Blow them up using destructors will make demons disappear. They cant be rebuilt or repaired. If you have elves present they are easy to blow up using only 4 destructors and some micro. Next are the orcs. Go in hard and fast and they will fall. Then its just you and demon slaves. I destroyed them by systematically raiding their town centers. Come in, blow it up, kill any worker you see, run. Repeat 4-5 times on both and they cant revuild anymore. Then just raid their barracks.

Level 29
Alright, I finnaly had the chance to replay the ninth mission.

The Emperor is stupid or what?! Letting his best and most loyal troops stay on a continent where almost everyone wants them dead merely because they are failing?

Great job Emperor! First you lost Gardon and his Ironfist, now you will most likely lose the Golden Guard!

By the way, the emissary gets closer to Marin while he is monologing. Is this on purpose?

Level 22
The Emperor is stupid or what?! Letting his best and most loyal troops stay on a continent where almost everyone wants them dead merely because they are failing?

Great job Emperor! First you lost Gardon and his Ironfist, now you will most likely lose the Golden Guard!

By the way, the emissary gets closer to Marin while he is monologing. Is this on purpose?

You can call the emperor a weak minded fool. I guess Brian's words are true, the empire is being abused by a dark entity of great power and only Gardon can stop it by continuing his path. The dark entity knows this and now wants to kill him at all costs by controlling the emperor and using the human empire to achieve his goals.

Level 29
You can call the emperor a weak minded fool. I guess Brian's words are true, the empire is being abused by a dark entity of great power and only Gardon can stop it by continuing his path. The dark entity knows this and now wants to kill him at all costs by controlling the emperor and using the human empire to achieve his goals.

True.
Though I am not sure Gardon is interested in later returning to the Empire.

However what is the point of letting the Golden Guard on the continent, an entire elite and loyal army whose morale is quickly lowering? At this point, the Golden Guard will either declare themselves independent and create their own nation or ally themselves with Gardon.
Van Durce seems to show remorse for making Gardon his enemy, but saw it as necessary since his emperor ordered it. Now that same emperor has decided to let both him and his men stranded on a continent filled with enemies. I would be pissed if I were him.

Level 22
True.
Though I am not sure Gardon is interested in later returning to the Empire.

However what is the point of letting the Golden Guard on the continent, an entire elite and loyal army whose morale is quickly lowering? At this point, the Golden Guard will either declare themselves independent and create their own nation or ally themselves with Gardon.
Van Durce seems to show remorse for making Gardon his enemy, but saw it as necessary since his emperor ordered it. Now that same emperor has decided to let both him and his men stranded on a continent filled with enemies. I would be pissed if I were him.
Considering what's happening Gardon would maybe return, but way, way into the future. Although if he didn't it would be better.
Well a theory is that the dark entity sent them to weaken the kingdoms thus making them easier to conquer. He organised Retka's rebellion, made the imperials withdraw support for the kingdoms and ordered all the atrocities we blame van Durce on.
The Dark entity wasn't pleased that the Golden Guard went on the attack and destroyed a big demonic invasion force and will now punish them for this action. He doesn't care if they don't serve him anymore, they will just get wiped out by the Royal and Gardon's armies sooner or later anyway.
Damn now i have sympathy for the Golden Guard and a bit for van Durce...

Level 29
Well a theory is that the dark entity sent them to weaken the kingdoms thus making them easier to conquer. He organised Retka's rebellion, made the imperials withdraw support for the kingdoms and ordered all the atrocities we blame van Durce on.
The Dark entity wasn't pleased that the Golden Guard went on the attack and destroyed a big demonic invasion force and will now punish them for this action. He doesn't care if they don't serve him anymore, they will just get wiped out by the Royal and Gardon's armies sooner or later anyway.

Then why sending the Golden Guard to the kingdoms in the first place?

Technically the demons attacked the Golden Guard. Van Durce was defending, not attacking.

Damn now i have sympathy for the Golden Guard and a bit for van Durce...

My reaction is at 1:02 :
:D

Level 22
Then why sending the Golden Guard to the kingdoms in the first place?

Technically the demons attacked the Golden Guard. Van Durce was defending, not attacking.

To do as much damage as possible to everyone before throwing them away. And look at everything the Golden Guard have accomplished while being on the continent.
Marin convinced van Durce to halt their offensive by attacking them. Im sure it was the emperor's command to make him do nothing.
Anyway i would like to see the emperor and kill him personallly when this is all over. Since Shar said he will appear in the epilogue i guess i won't have to wait that long.

Level 29
Marin convinced van Durce to halt their offensive by attacking them. Im sure it was the emperor's command to make him do nothing.

And why did they plan to make the elves flee to the Empire? Just to have one less faction to deal with?

Anyway i would like to see the emperor and kill him personallly when this is all over. Since Shar said he will appear in the epilogue i guess i won't have to wait that long.

Oh I think he already appeared...

The Emperor: So Gardon became king, van Durce is no more...
The Emperor looks at the mirror and his reflection is Largoth. The skull of the true emperor serving as decoration to his scepter
The Emperor: Just as planned
His laughter echoes through the chamber and corridors, while dark clouds cover the skies surrounding the palace and lightning falls from these clouds.

Level 22
And why did they plan to make the elves flee to the Empire? Just to have one less faction to deal with?
Maybe because of that. But i think he wanted to kill a lot of the elves and assimilate the rest. Yeah i know it's big speculation, but everyone can have his crazyy theories can't he?

Oh I think he already appeared...

The Emperor: So Gardon became king, van Durce is no more...
The Emperor looks at the mirror and his reflection is Largoth
The Emperor: Just as planned
His laughter echoes through the chamber and corridors, while dark clouds cover the skies surrounding the palace and lightning falls from these clouds.
Not going to happen. :p

Level 10
Demons have 4 demon gates and 2 shrines, one on each side of the demon slaves´ base. Blow them up using destructors will make demons disappear. They cant be rebuilt or repaired. If you have elves present they are easy to blow up using only 4 destructors and some micro. Next are the orcs. Go in hard and fast and they will fall. Then its just you and demon slaves. I destroyed them by systematically raiding their town centers. Come in, blow it up, kill any worker you see, run. Repeat 4-5 times on both and they cant revuild anymore. Then just raid their barracks.
Thank you. That helped a lot. I destroyed the orc bases using this way along with the demonic shrines and demon gates, but sent infantry to clean up the rest.

Level 10
Thank you. That helped a lot. I destroyed the orc bases using this way along with the demonic shrines and demon gates, but sent infantry to clean up the rest.

Have you found the gem of truesight? If you turn right from your base its there at the campfire (invisible thief holds the gem). I took the gem and then cut my way through that forest right into orc´s base. Didnt see that coming, green suckerz.

Level 10
What happens to Rath and Sasrogarn that chapter? Do they die or run away?
I think they escaped or something, because otherwise it will be mentioned in a dialogue or in a cinematic. In addition, Somebody said something about Dark elves present there. I played chapter nine twice already and didn't find such things

Level 10
What happens to Rath and Sasrogarn that chapter? Do they die or run away?
I think they escaped or something, because otherwise it will be mentioned in a dialogue or in a cinematic. In addition, Somebody said something about Dark elves present there. I played chapter nine twice already and didn't find such things

You need to find that chapter where you fight elves and goldilocks with Merlon Seabright. In that chapter there is also an undead force. That undead force has a base. Blow up the base and pale elves are NOT present in chapter 10. Spare the base and the elves will overrun your ally in chapter 10.

Level 10
You need to find that chapter where you fight elves and goldilocks with Merlon Seabright. In that chapter there is also an undead force. That undead force has a base. Blow up the base and pale elves are NOT present in chapter 10. Spare the base and the elves will overrun your ally in chapter 10.
Oh, so that's why.. I remember destroying that base with seabright and the exiled. That must be the cause of me not finding them now.

Level 10
So we all know what to do.
Spare the Dark Elves' base so that they become a pain in the ass to van Durce!:D
It's gonna be a pain in the ass for you as well. Adding a sixth force for you to deal with. no thanks, I'm sticking with destroying it with seabright!