• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Role playing game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Role playing game is going to be a little mix between RPG and ORPG but it realy is mostly a online RPG.
I am writing a story and all and creating the history of the map,the history ( which i just started ) can be read here http://z6.invisionfree.com/MPBoard
I have offcourse already started the map,what ideas i have for it i better dont promise you guys anything because everything could change.
I have already made 1 island,a few of 3 houses and a church ( you will be able to enter all buildings ) and i think at least 3 or 4 dungeons..

Soon i will create a web-page for this project where you will be able to read everything about it,until then u need to do it with this information.
I have 4 heroes now,some items ( mostly armors ) and already every piece of land filled with creatures.

The maximum level is not known yet even not me because i there will be serveral maps or just one i dont know yet but making more of these chapters sounds good in my ears,anything else?

Just e-mail questians and stuff to [email protected]

Plz comment in here and ( duh ) u can also ask questians by just posting them =)

Last edited:
Level 27
Deleted the older post,

Here are the screenshots,plz rate ;)

Attachments

• RPG_Screenshot01.JPG
    RPG_Screenshot01.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 216
  • RPG_Screenshot02.JPG
    RPG_Screenshot02.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 207
  • RPG_Screenshot03.JPG
    RPG_Screenshot03.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 217
  • RPG_Screenshot04.JPG
    RPG_Screenshot04.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 178
  • RPG_Screenshot05.JPG
    RPG_Screenshot05.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 199
  • RPG_Screenshot06.JPG
    RPG_Screenshot06.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 193
  • RPG_Screenshot07.JPG
    RPG_Screenshot07.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 218
  • RPG_Screenshot08.JPG
    RPG_Screenshot08.JPG
    253.9 KB · Views: 215
Level 27
News screenshots,fresh from my PRT SCR button xD

( this is a large update right? so i may doublepost =/ )

Also some explanation of the screenshots what u didnt get in the last screenshot update,

Screen 1 - Serethil village's local armory,
Screen 2 - Serethil village's local pub,
Screen 3 - A dungeon named 'Cave of the claw'
Screen 4 - A dungeon named 'The crypt'
Screen 5 - A dungeon named 'Brotherhood temple'
Screen 6 - The island 'Mandrakar' The blue stone is called 'The mana stone'
Screen 7 - On the island 'Hidenku' lie the 'Balghuna ruins'

EDIT - Omg ? wtf ? he didnt upload screen 7 !!!!!!

Attachments

• RPG_Screenshot09.JPG
    RPG_Screenshot09.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 159
  • RPG_Screenshot10.JPG
    RPG_Screenshot10.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 178
  • RPG_Screenshot11.JPG
    RPG_Screenshot11.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 185
  • RPG_Screenshot12.JPG
    RPG_Screenshot12.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 182
  • RPG_Screenshot13.JPG
    RPG_Screenshot13.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 193
  • RPG_Screenshot14.JPG
    RPG_Screenshot14.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 177
Level 27
-=Newyear update=-

Happy newyear =)
Heres a RPG update

-=What i have done=-

- Game renamed to 'Shards of power - Role playing game'
- Already tested the map the first time with a friend ( early BETA )
- Finished the second island ( maybe some changes in the future )
- Changed the minimap preview and the loading screen totaly restyle! (nice)
- Added some testitems and they work fine
- Added dungeon creatures

-=News=-

I will first complete the terrain and the creatures,then i will create the other things,when everything is done i will eventualy if its needid ballance it here and there a bit and then 'Version 0.10A' Will be released as first public multiplayer version..

Stay tuned ;)

Level 27
my request for models will be done by :Happy_Tauren
Now i only need to know to how to (plz look in WE helpzone) to show EXP above units.
Then i will finish the terrain when i have my models i will ad some items and the equipment system and then the first BETA will be released! :)

Level 3
storyline (so far): SWEET :thumbs_up:
screenies: LOOKING GOOD :eek:

keep at it, I'll be waiting to download this map fow' sjow'.
can't help you with the models though, don't have any experiance what soever with modeling.

Level 27
storyline (so far): SWEET :thumbs_up:
screenies: LOOKING GOOD :eek:

keep at it, I'll be waiting to download this map fow' sjow'.
can't help you with the models though, don't have any experiance what soever with modeling.

Eh yeah the storyline eh i think im gonna move it to another forum because the current forum heavily sux ... or i make word documents and chapters or histories about different areas in the game .. the concept is rly big .. but not everything is in the rpg i will expand the history and such maybe even in a huge single player rpg or an campaign which reveals the history and such .. the forum will be changed ...

The new forum adress is: http://z6.invisionfree.com/MPBoard

Last edited:
Level 27
I have worked at the map .. added some things and blabla ..

Well heres the BETA ,but its a little lame because most of the things arent working though but here you can see what you could expect from the map.

[highlight]BETA VERSION[/code]
-=Beta Features=-
• Only class 'Stealth' has 2 preview skills.
• Cheats type '-Password=3se7cp=activatecheats' and then type '-Cheat 01t/m3'.
• Five enterable buildings,Three dungeons,Three islands done.
• Revive by the altar on the starter island.
• Able to buy 'Test-items' at 'Armor shop' 'Potion shop' and 'Pub'.
• Able to use 'Add atrribute' option but not able to use 'Menu' option.
• Some monsters to fight,only 'Ratman' exp system works now.

-=Unfinished=-
• Ur not able to watch the INTRO
• Ur not able yet so pick your skills yourself
• Ur not able yet to get exp from every monster
• Very few items are purchaseable
• Not all islands are done yet
• The items you can buy are the only finished items! (omg eh?)
• All charachters dont even have skills yet (expect for the 'stealth' class)
• Ur not able to enter dungeons
• Ur not able to pick up items dropped by creeps
• Creeps cant drop items yet! (So u cant pick them up)

E.T.C !!! Lot of work still but well heres a little preview..

Attachments

• Shards_of_Power_BETA.w3m
    2.9 MB · Views: 51
Level 7
-=Unfinished=-
• Ur not able to watch the INTRO
• Ur not able yet so pick your skills yourself
• Ur not able yet to get exp from every monster
• Very few items are purchaseable
• Not all islands are done yet
• The items you can buy are the only finished items! (omg eh?)
• All charachters dont even have skills yet (expect for the 'stealth' class)
• Ur not able to enter dungeons
• Ur not able to pick up items dropped by creeps
• Creeps cant drop items yet! (So u cant pick them up)

i might wait for beta 2 then

Level 8
Ok just played the beta; Here's my impression:
-VERY nice hero models
-The imported icons will turn green when they arent clickable
-I love the enterable buildings
-Difficulty setting is very nice, but easy was fairly difficult, possibly due to not having any hero abilities
-I like the attribute concept
-The menu button on the menu doesnt really do anything
-I had no idea where to go when i died, i had to restart the map a few times (I think i found the location after, but it might help to give a hint to it for newbies)
-Has great potential!

Suggestions:
-Collection miniquests, where you get something the monster drops (Similiar to WoW)
-More class options. Casters (Mages, necros, psychics?) would be great along with some sort of shape shifting class.
-Subclasses: On the menu be able to choose some profficiency for your guy. Like a magic using archer, open swordsman stealth or hit and run style stealth)
-Professions? Yeah similiar to WoW but not all of them. An herb gathering one and mining one would be hte main ones. You can add a bag to the menu thing and picked ore/herbs would go there. You could then turn the herbs into the potion guy to get special potions or the ore to the blacksmith/armorer for better armor.
~~If this is single player, which so far it looks like it is, why not create multiple maps and link them together? This would allow for further elaboration of the world and dungeons and would allow for much much more to do.~~

Level 27
@Demonsofdante

Your statements are fine but some of them arent neccesary to think about .. as i said there isnt not much doing in the BETA. Everything you just mensioned will be added in the version which will be released on b.net

@Pandamanana

Just create region in front of a house or building and make the region instantly transport your unit to a little corner in the map where you indeedly (like you said) have an cityscaped part which functions as a house ;)

Level 8
simply suggesting things to help out and i realize it is a beta version. But the purpose of a beta is to figure out whats working and whats not and i was just providing feedback on areas i felt were lackluster

Level 3
about the beta: its a very nice start indeed, but i thought it would be a campaign. this map comes closer to a b.net rpg then a start of a campaign...

Level 27
I suddenly encounter a strange problem , when i use 'WE No Limits' and then i place a doodads it says 'WE has encountered an error and needs to close' i never had this before ..

[highlight]Plz help im afraid i have to end the map :([/code]

Last edited:
Level 27
Ok due no-one replying .. and i DOUBT anyone can fix this im forced to cancel the map .. this is rly sad .. anyways people who dont get why i am canceling the following things happend.

Size - I had to watch the size.the map wasnt even done and it was already 3.2 mb the spells and triggers/systems i planned to implant would also take much of precious space away making the map to big to handle for b.net..

Terrain - I already begane to get over the doodads limit and suddenly WE no limits occured an error,i was planning to make a 'Big ice island' 'Ice dungeon' and also the 'Ending island' maybe another 'Bonus island' or maybe also even more dungeons .. so i NEED we no limits .. but due an error that occurs when i place a doodad this is also no option ... anyway with my future terrain plans it should have WAY OVER doodad limit numbers..

Im srry ..
I have already started a new project..

Level 27
Yes i know it does lag .. but this map is just made so .. strange ... that it cant be finished and if it will be finished it woulndt be playable on b.net.. but 'Shards of Power' will not die .. i will contineu writing the story and in the future create an campaign ;)

Level 27
WhEwHe!! that's spirit :)

the 'Shards of Power' story is so big i woulndt stop it with this.. the original idea was to first create an online SoP rpg and then update it serveral times and then finish ADTS but now SoP online rpg doesnt exist anymore i will only make a campaign/some campaigns.. and the good of campaigns is that they cant be oversized and if they are oversize (like 70mb) they can be played just like normal anyway so!

Next time also make a backup of your map.

I dont know if that would have helped .. the error was only when i activated WE no limits and placed a doodad... so well .. it had dependit on it if it was a recent back-up or an very old back-up .. anyway i've learned my lesson for the next rpg im now creating to keep the size small and dont expect to much from WE

Status
Not open for further replies.