• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rober Artua"s art stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all ! Here I will post my art stuff like head models , paintings and so on ...
Some of this art was made while I was studying specific topics in CG art taht is why most of them looks like they are not finished .

This was done while watching video lesson about mattepainting techniques . It is a pic which combine Photo and painting elements
jkwdketlcd.jpg

This is just face study . Made in Zbrush . It was made long time ago and I know many mistakes here but it is still interesting I suppose :)
bhpmhjvgem.jpg

This should be a dementor but unfortunately it is not :) No really I was just testing myself for making cloth form in Brush and I was not planning in making anything special here :)
brrhswfhzu.jpg

tvwlbkkvns.jpg

Here I was studying how to Paint a good realistic metal in Photoshop . I should make those metal frameworks or whatever they are, a bit bigger :)
grzlcfphmg.thumb500.jpg

Here is all atm . I ll surely post something new a bit later :)

Last edited:

TDR

TDR

Level 18
Dylan Cole is the shit. I have all 3 of his gnomon dvd's ([brag]won them and 7 more in their contest :->[/brag] and I learned a shitload of new stuff from them. I hope you did too. Though from the looks of it, you have a loooooooooooong way to go.
That metal of yours is anything but realistic.

for me Dylan Cole is quite good but maybe because I am only at noob level :) But for real I dont really care I just love landscape painting and he has a nice style but I assume Kris Stoski is way better though :) Actually I have all those dvds by Gnomon about mattepainting :) Dont ask me how I got them :))))

For Now I am studying human anatomy . I found this wonderful page on the web : Learn To Draw The Human Figure
I have ordered five DVDs . They are really good . The author Riven Phoenix explains all parts very clearly .

TDR

TDR

Level 18
Very nice stuff here, i like the landscape.
And tdr, the modeling forum is for warcraft models only i think, renders, scenes and stuff belong here.

yeah, you're right, 3D sculpts belong more to 2D 8-|...not
I mean, he only showed 1 single 2D image, the rest is all zbrush. I have a gallery in the 3D forum and it has anything but wc3 stuff in it.

Thx :) I am still studying atm . And I am not talented at all . I just study it .

What kind of paint over are you talking about ? The last pic was done by pencil and it is one meter high :)

The landscape was done in photoshop . I was watching Matte painting video lesson and just did the same what author did . So it is just photoshop with standard brushes .

Shoulders where made in photoshop also with standard brushes + some metal textures .

Other works are just 3d models .

Maybe you are talking about this one ?

SophyWIP_by_ahtiandr.jpg

This is paint over done in photoshop with standard brushes . So here I place photo and then another layer on top of the photo and just take colours from photo and start painting . But it is not good :) I mean it is just pure copying . The good thing is if you place photo near you and look at it and try to find the colours and paint them on blank . The latest drawing was done exactly in this way . I look at life model and try to place all shades and lights to my drawing and here it is :) The more lights and shades you place the more realistic your drawing will be .

I don't know what the teacher there is telling you, but I'd suggest that you focus now more on proportions and forget about shading. Just my 2 cents.

Maaan ! Thanks for really good advice ! I just wanted to edit my post and ask about this :) I think this is more important for me now since I have really bad gesture atm . I played with shading a bit :) Now I am ready to focus only on gesture . By the way I have found great web site full of tutorials about drawing though not for free but very worth of it ! The teacher is very famous teacher Glenn Vilppu .

Here is his web site if someone is interested : About Glenn Vilppu

Next time I ll try to analyse the forum as deep as I can .

Level 24
Wow this is pretty amazing, especially the skies (wish i were able to make skies like you). You've also done a pretty good job on the grass and the variation makes it look pretty realistic. However the front part of the grass seems cut off. Personally i think you could've added a tree or two in the front part to give it more life, at the moment it looks a bit plain. I also noticed that the left part of the end of the water seems rather unfinished and seems rather odd. In all i'd say you've done a pretty good job here! ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.