• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Rise of Heroes II v2.5

185870-albums2859-picture34446.png
[tr][TD]

185870-albums2859-picture34441.png

Hello great spirits and welcome to our base called Jewel of the Moon!
This is place where all started and place where will all end!
Forces of Darkness come again to destory our holy home!
Pick your hero and Fight agains the Darkness, fight like never before, this night it time when all World hold a breath, this base is place where will Light or Darkness fall, RISE HEROES to fame and glory we all depends on you!

Author: -Kobas-
Game type: Defense
Players: 5 users + 1 computer vs 1 computer
Size: 96x96 (Playable 92x92)
Map size: 1.77 MB (1,863,680 bytes)
Map Version: 2.5
Current Progress: Update number 15

MAP ISN'T PROTECTED

Click to go to right forum
185870-albums2859-picture34435.png

Let me show you basic map setup and some in game commands!
You can see in my map:

1. Different Game Modes
  2. Ability Show System
  3. Damage Show System
  4. Custom Item Level Up System
  5. Custom ability system
  6. Custom Camera System
  7. Good Terrain
  8. Nice team play, each hero has differnet skills for different enemies

185870-albums2859-picture34438.png

Rocky (Mountain Giant)
Leyla (Lightning Archer)
Omaga (Nature Druid)
Un'shalah (Shadow Assassin)
Kael the Wrathbringer (Warrior Druid)
Shalis Darkhunter (Warden)
Skar (Silencer)

185870-albums2859-picture34439.png

185870-albums2859-picture34433.png

"XIII update"(Map Version 2.4) Date: 01.10.2010.

-Updated Loading Screen
-Fixed Ability: Roar, Slam, Starfall
-Fixed wave counter system
-Aded Random Events
-Added New Shop
-Reduced Armor Reduction
-Reduced mana regeneration
-6 new items
-3 recipes
-Increased monster base damage by 10
-Fixed few bugs

185870-albums2859-picture34444.png

If you want to help me to improve this map, post your comment here as well!
Rise of Heroes II - Idea Factory

or check Official map site
I post there everything what I need!
Thanks

185870-albums2859-picture34434.png

Special Thanks to:

# Skar
# ApherazLucent

Resources:
- Icons:
# GooS
# D3ath

- Skins:
# D3ath
- Models:
# WILL THE ALMIGHTY
- Systems/Abilities:
# Caedrus
# Klingo
# The_Flood!

Else:
# The_Mirai
# Vengeancekael

[/TD][/tr]

Keywords:
Rise of Heroes, Hero, Heroes, Defense, Survival, Night Elf, Night, Darkness, Monsters, War, Battle, Ancient, Ancients, -Kobas-
Contents

Rise of Heroes II v2.5 (Map)

Reviews
19:34, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved Update: re-moderating with rating and review Date: 2011/Oct/01 18:39:16 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 4/5 Recommended Rep Received: 0Reasons: Other: If you have any complaints...
Level 15
i just played this on bnet with 3 other randoms

first thing i noticed for some reason my muiltiboard was bugged it was empty

somthing bugged with rockies second skill it wouldent keep on shooting out the rocks after i got past a sertan level (i dunno if it is suppost to do that or not)

it gets sorta boring when you pass level 6 its just the same old deffending off creeps mayby add some other events

Bosses are lol well the late game ones are they just 2-3 hit kill you

need to add some king of armour items

the bash on the creeps are anoying you can be stunned for like 5 seconds+ and cant do shit mayby decrease the duratation

Great map 4/5
slightly going towards 3/5 for the fact it gets boring after mid game

to keep you up to date the version i played was 2.1

first thing i noticed for some reason my muiltiboard was bugged it was empty
Fixed
somthing bugged with rockies second skill it wouldent keep on shooting out the rocks after i got past a sertan level (i dunno if it is suppost to do that or not)
Fixed also (spell needed mana after level 4 and dummy unit didn't have same -.-)
it gets sorta boring when you pass level 6 its just the same old deffending off creeps mayby add some other events
There is 10 waves with 10 levels (each level has different creeps, maybe even different abilities, will see)
Bosses are lol well the late game ones are they just 2-3 hit kill you
Spells stronger, units weaker!
need to add some king of armour items
Working on it!
the bash on the creeps are anoying you can be stunned for like 5 seconds+ and cant do shit mayby decrease the duratation
Duration is 0.1 second (if I remember well) but I created that for reason, you can rush and kill every one by yourself, you need help (ancients or team mates)

Thanks for playing!

Level 5
New version! o/

Some things that I notice:

1. The multiboard is still empty. I going to check the triggers, maybe I find something.
  2. You need to increase the amount of mana and hit points that the potions recover. 100 hit points and 50 mana for the basic potions are useless, unless you buy lots of them, but still they don't worth. Even the strongest potions recovers only a little. I was near level 70 and my hero had more than 20k hit points while the best potion heals only 500.
  3. Make the items on the market and the power-up as power-ups. This way you can pick them even with full inventory.
  4. Add a health power-up that heals you a little when picked, similar to Diablo 3. This way you can throw yourself in the middle of the creeps and last longer. This will help a lot the melee heroes.

Either way I had a lot of fun playing this map. Rocky bug is fixed, at least nothing wrong happened to me, and he is really strong. ^^

Level 16
why don't you add a little system like this?
  • Heal System
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + (0.20 x (Max life of (Triggering unit))))
      • Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) + (0.10 x (Max mana of (Triggering unit)))
this heals the hero at levelup ~.~

Level 7
Don't know what else to say about this map Kobas, other than... it's awesome! The heroes, the skills, the gameplay, the description of the map, the terrain; nearly everything about this map is awesome! Instant 5/5 with rep! :D Great work.

Level 16
I actually liked this map a lot! The only thing I think you should do is protect it since, frankly, zillions of people will take your systems/resources without even mentioning where did they get it from. Heck, people even stole my whole map a while ago (Tribe Wars), and I ended up knowing that from my friend who said that he played a really cool map that's named just like mine (actually it was mine map, just stamped Extreme over it and reuploaded to epicwar), so you know...
Besides that, I just love the terrain <3 and gameplay is quite dynamic and jumpy so all in all I give it a 5/5.
Oh and one more thing, those rocks you used... You should lower the blue component of their vertex coloring. This way they sorta stand out somehow...

Nah I for example can stole anything I want but because I try to be cool and good guy I don't do that, so far there was no map that bothered me!

But I try to learn on my own way, I didn't have internet so I learned everything from just looking at other people maps! So many times I saw things like item systems and I didn't know how to make them because I wasn't able to see triggers! Now I created tutorials about them :D
So I want to give guys like me chance to learn something!

Btw guys can try and stole my map I don't care, professionals can always deprotect it, oh they can :D, so there is no need for than!

But at the other hand I will use map protectors only to lower map size when map become big!

Thanks for rating and suggestions!

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Great map Kobas! Shoulda checked this out a long time ago T_T.

I played map with other 4 guys and we survived until last wave :D
I ofc used another name just to see what people have to say :D

Well we discovered large number of small bugs, we checked balance and they gave me few really nice ideas!

Game last for 50 min and was funny only for first 20...

If I find some time I will add stuff to map in next upgrade, if not only bugs will be fixed a balance improved :D

I usually post on site everything I need to reduce spam here ^^
Be free to post your ideas!

Level 15
Hey, i played the map to the holy end with only 2 players. I played with the ranger and my buddy played with the stone golem. I have a few suggestions for now.

#1: Please, oh please make more items!
#2: the ranger is a little too imba you might maybe reduce his attack speed a little.
#3: The ammount of spawns is huge, we barley had the time to kill the rangers when a new came out.
#4: Bosses are too easy, you might maybe add some more defence or health to them, their damage is ok.
#5: Archers passive spell, (cant remember) had a mistype in the tooltip. The passive one that makes damage to nearby enemies, the tooltip says Level 115/15 next lvl 125/15 and so on, so jut delete the number 5 from there.
#6: Also there is a problem that you should make the spells more important in the game, the game is mainly n the hero damage not the spells, should make them better and heroes weaker.

Please comment what do you think about my suggestions.

Level 7
Long time no see, Kobas. I can see that you are harvesting your reputation from this Rise of Heroes. and I know that you've received enough 5/5. but I want to say something
Your map does NOT deserve a 5/5. 5/5 means perfect, and your map is far from perfect.

I tested your Silencer [Skar], and I was disappointed...
- His second skill, which is the main damage dealing skill, is way too strong. When other skill, especially the third one, is way too useless... It removes buffs, but actually it's very hard to detect allies' negative buffs in such a messy fight. Further more, his Ultimate skill, is way too weak, comparing to the non-ultimate second one. Plus, I played him until level 30, and I see him Never Run Out Of Mana
If you do not fix him and his skills, do never expect a 5/5 from me
About gameplay:
- ITEMS!!!!! where are the items?! i can see only 4 items in 1 shop; or did you hide all items somewhere else? I have money, but I don't know what to do with them. Make more items please, especially activating, level-required, wave-required and Hero-based items. They will make your game more attractive.
- You should make a cheat that makes the hero's level immediately reaches 25. it will make testing your map easier.
- You use trees to block pathing... So when trees are down, unit can go through places that they are not supposed to go through. For example, the high slope south of the Tree of Life. Creeps climb up the slope and attack the Tree directly

I'm trying other heroes... More complains are en route
My current rating is: 3.3/5 (I still give you 4/5)

Hi buddy :D

Well I know that dude , but I was busy with some other stuff like:
www.roh2.ucoz.com and www.chf.ucoz.com
Also my Faculty started, terrain contest come to the end, real life and shitz take my time!

I saw today that my map uploaded 15 times :D Reached 5000 downloads! As soon as I finish with sites and administration there I will be back to my tutorial (How to create map) and roh2 for sure!

Thanks for playing ans suggestions! Be free to visit site sometimes, we have Guestbook there so you can post comment there also (No need for log in and shitz ♥)

All right, an update! Any changelog Kobas?
Well there is one, showing last update, for else please check map site :D

185870-albums2859-picture34433.png

"XIII update"(Map Version 2.4) Date: 01.10.2010.

-Updated Loading Screen
-Fixed Ability: Roar, Slam, Starfall
-Fixed wave counter system
-Aded Random Events
-Added New Shop
-Reduced Armor Reduction
-Reduced mana regeneration
-6 new items
-3 recipes
-Increased monster base damage by 10
-Fixed few bugs