• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SD/Modeling] Rise Hp bar / Hp bar shorter than selection scale / Different size & color on attachments / Attachments points names

Level 11
Greetings!
I have 5 new problems and I don't know how to solve them..:peasant-work-work:
Roost.jpg

1.How can I raise the HP bar of a unit(Roost)?

2.From what I understand, the selection scale of a unit will generate the length of the health bar and I don't want that.
How can I make the Hp bar shorter than selection scale?

3.How can I make selection scale independent and NOT in direct relation with Hp bar?

4.How can I set a different color on a unit (wisp) that is an attachment?

5.How can I change the scale size of an attachment (wisp) without changing the size of the base model (Chimaera Roost)?

Bonus Problem: :peasant-sad:
In model editor I created an attachment point on a building (Roost) and I set it's name "head" and work perfectly, but when I change his name to "end" or "end ref" or other random names, it doesn't work anymore.
why?

The help will be appreciated!
:peasant-smile:

Level 18
There are two ways to change the height of the hitbar.
The first is the calculation of boundaries-Thus the highest object or those geocets that you have selected will be calculated and the hitbar will be located at that height.
You can do this in Magos or Matrix Eater.
Edit:
I forgot to write about the second option-This is done in Magos and you manually set the height of the coordinate in each animation by changing 6 tables.

Level 11
There are two ways to change the height of the hitbar.
The first is the calculation of boundaries-Thus the highest object or those geocets that you have selected will be calculated and the hitbar will be located at that height.
You can do this in Magos or Matrix Eater.
Edit:
I forgot to write about the second option-This is done in Magos and you manually set the height of the coordinate in each animation by changing 6 tables.
Honestly, I have no idea how to do what you tell me here..
I am very noob with Magos and I have no idea how to use Matrix Eater.
Back to Magos.. I need more help/intructions in order to fix my problem because I have no clue how to do it alone..
Maybe some screenshots will help? :peasant-sad:
Thanks!

Level 18
Honestly, I have no idea how to do what you tell me here..
I am very noob with Magos and I have no idea how to use Matrix Eater.
Back to Magos.. I need more help/intructions in order to fix my problem because I have no clue how to do it alone..
Maybe some screenshots will help? :peasant-sad:
Thanks!
This is done only in "Magos" and "Retera".
I'm sorry for the mistake...
I'll try to explain it to you

Level 11
I just want to know in general "How can I raise the HP bar of a unit".. because I need to change his hp bar many times in order to decide what will be best for my project and I don't want to ask for someone's help every time I want to change the height of a unit's HP bar. This apply to each problem that I have in this post.. :peasant-sad:

A tutorial in general will be great! I use Magos only.

I just want to know in general "How can I raise the HP bar of a unit".. because I need to change his hp bar many times in order to decide what will be best for my project and I don't want to ask for someone's help every time I want to change the height of a unit's HP bar. This apply to each problem that I have in this post.. :peasant-sad:

Magos can NOT help you with the problem and using the 'recalculate extends' can sometimes make the problem much worse.
I would recommend getting and using Retera's Model Studio. In there you can properly calculate the extends of a model's geometry without messing up or taking bad advice and destroying your models.
You would have to look at each model and see what best fits it.

Level 18

Does your model have a portrait built in?
If so, it is easy and possible to do it in Magos

Level 18
If you click on the calculation of the boundaries, then the highest part of the model will become the place where the strip of life is cut out.
Here are some photos for you, I don't know if they will help you.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    557.9 KB · Views: 5
Level 11
Magos can NOT help you with the problem and using the 'recalculate extends' can sometimes make the problem much worse.
I would recommend getting and using Retera's Model Studio. In there you can properly calculate the extends of a model's geometry without messing up or taking bad advice and destroying your models.
You would have to look at each model and see what best fits it.
Thanks for the information you provided. I'm going to research and look into that program (Retera's Model Studio) you recommended and I hope I'll be able to figure out how to use it. I'm a begginer to these programs and I'll need a little help at first.. I just want to learn the basic..
Does your model have a portrait built in?
If so, it is easy and possible to do it in Magos
Chimaera Roost has a default portrait. I extracted the model with Warcraft3Viewer from an old war3 version 1.26. (For tests I use the latest reforged patch version.)
If you click on the calculation of the boundaries, then the highest part of the model will become the place where the strip of life is cut out.
Here are some photos for you, I don't know if they will help you.
So.. I tried to follow your tutorial, but didn't work as I expected.
1.I noticed that you use another program called MDL Model editor and after few searches, I downloaded a very similar program called mdlVis (Vertex editor).
2.After I opened my model I noticed that in my MdlVis there is no texture for my model(just points).
3.Then I set up a huge number on Z for test (1737) and saved the model. File -> Save as (mdx).
1.jpg

4.After that I put the new model on Magos and I selected - Calculate Extents. File -> Save as (mdx).
5.I imported the new model in a test map and I notice 2 bugs.
-The stand animation version of the model has now birth animation included in the stand animation.
2.JPG

-The hp bar is just a little bit raised and the hp bar should have been raised very high because I selected 1737 on Z..
3.JPG

I putted the bugged model as attachment to this post.
:peasant-sad:

Attachments

• ChimaeraRoostBUG1.mdx
    40 KB · Views: 1
Level 18
Thanks for the information you provided. I'm going to research and look into that program (Retera's Model Studio) you recommended and I hope I'll be able to figure out how to use it. I'm a begginer to these programs and I'll need a little help at first.. I just want to learn the basic..

Chimaera Roost has a default portrait. I extracted the model with Warcraft3Viewer from an old war3 version 1.26. (For tests I use the latest reforged patch version.)

So.. I tried to follow your tutorial, but didn't work as I expected.
1.I noticed that you use another program called MDL Model editor and after few searches, I downloaded a very similar program called mdlVis (Vertex editor).
2.After I opened my model I noticed that in my MdlVis there is no texture for my model(just points).
3.Then I set up a huge number on Z for test (1737) and saved the model. File -> Save as (mdx).
View attachment 469360
4.After that I put the new model on Magos and I selected - Calculate Extents. File -> Save as (mdx).
5.I imported the new model in a test map and I notice 2 bugs.
-The stand animation version of the model has now birth animation included in the stand animation.
View attachment 469363
-The hp bar is just a little bit raised and the hp bar should have been raised very high because I selected 1737 on Z..
View attachment 469364
I putted the bugged model as attachment to this post.
:peasant-sad:
The background could be raised to Magos.
I used another program for convenience.
You have lost the animation frames of the roots.
This can be easily fixed.
I'm going to try to show it to you in a different way.

Level 18
Here is a simpler version.
It is very convenient if the model has no background or a low background.
We select one high vertex of the model (not the background, not the effect, but the model), set the height to about + 100.
Then we do everything according to the pictures.After all the changes, do not forget to return our vertex to the old coordinates.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 1
Level 18
Here is a simpler version.
It is very convenient if the model has no background or a low background.
We select one high vertex of the model (not the background, not the effect, but the model), set the height to about + 100.
Then we do everything according to the pictures.After all the changes, do not forget to return our vertex to the old coordinates.
If the background or effect gets in the way, then you can let them go down and then pick them up

Level 18
I did it exactly how you said, but the result is still the same with those 2 bugs. Exactly the same..
Do you have discord? I can give you share screen if you want to see.

Maybe is because you use mdl model editor and I use MdlVis (vertex editor)?
I speak English very poorly in discord :)
I used Magos and Mdlvis(vertex editor)