• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Retiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'd like to forward this by saying I'm probally being dramatic. It's time for me to pack my bags and move on to other things. I feel obliged to leave behind advice considering Warcraft III has been one of those things that I've put so much time and effort into in my past. All I can say is time is so valuable and you should make sure you're using your time towards what you want. I think back and wonder what I've been doing the last 6 years of my life and realize most of that time was spent idly, dimly aware of what I was living for. Of all emotions, regret has to be the most tormenting, especially for failure to act upon something. There's nothing worse than wondering what could have been especially when the consequences have a lasting effect on your future.

Well yeh, sorry about all that, hope you all continue to enjoy terraining and Warcraft III in general. The UTM is out of my hands, whoever wants to take control is free to do so (it was always this way anyway). I'll still stop by every now and then but only to watch from a distance.

Level 34
I'll miss you DungeonM, I found you to be one of the better members in the terrain forum (didn't see you anywhere else).

I too think about what I'm doing with life. I graduate this year, and hope I'll spend my years , if not productively, at least having enjoyed them.

Level 34
I will probably stop warcraft 3 modding altogether (including terrain) when school starts next year. Anyways, it's been good having you here at the Hive, DungeonM. Have fun wherever you're going but be sure to check back here every once and a while =)
SC2? It's what I'm waiting for.

Level 7
It's sad to see you go, DungeonM. I still remember you back years ago at Wc3C. I'd also like to thank you for your commitment and time toward the Wc3 community during your stay and I wish you the greatest of luck wherever things take you hereafter.

Level 7
I always thought I'd retire before you. It's funny (well, OK, not at all), since what you just wrote here is exactly what I've been experiencing for the past nine years, and it's only been this year when I started to change. If you talk to me on AIM about "could have beens", we'll be talking for hours.

I really appreciate what you did to the WC3 community. The compilation of the UTM is a massive undertaking, and you did it. I'm going to miss you. Best of luck in life (and keep your smart comments about my username to yourself, why don't you?).

Status
Not open for further replies.