• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reskin of Tenebrae's RPG Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
If the paragraph you're about to read is just syllables followed by consonnents (and vice versa) to you, feel free to skim it, you impatient ...

Dear skinners,

I am currently working on a campaign. Won't call it revolutionnary but I find it fun to play. I won't go too far (pm me if you'd like the story :p), but it basically just starts off in a prison guarded by several well umm... guards... so they're based off of the villager (male) model, accessorised with Kitabatake's FABULOUS fashion accessories (armor, swords and more pointy stuff).

Point is, I want to add context sensitive areas where you can rob someone of their clothing and pass somewhat undetected while you infiltrate (or in this case exfiltrate ; out of enemy territory). HOWEVER ! The model I wish to use is Tenebrae's RPG Hero (link at the bottom of the page) and as you can guess, an attachement made for the villager model couldn't possibly fit that model now could it ?

*** YOUR READING STARTS HERE ***

What I want is a reskin of Tenebrae's RPG Hero (topless version shall we ?) reskinned to look like he's wearing Kitabatake's noted fashion item : The Bronze Armor.

YOU STOP READING HERE

I believe these quotes (or lack of ...) suffice to prove that they approve the modification of their work...

Taken from Tenebrae's RPGHeroNoble (on an unrelated note, it's sad he left)

Permission is give to use and edit this model for your own purposes.
Permission to redistribute this model is prohibited.
If any bugs are found, General Frank has my permission to edit it.

And...

From Kitabatake's Bronze Armor

Give credits if you use it

If you find this to be too little proof, I will make it my top priority to ask Kitabatake for his approval.

I hope someone would be so kind to accept this request (obviously, you'd be accordingly credited) so...

Until next time,

-Warcrafter

ps: Any questions can be sent to me via the Hive's totally fashionable PM system, I will make it a priority to answer these.

SOURCES
RPG Hero: Human : RPG Hero: Human - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Bronze Armor: Bronze Armor - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

RPGHeroNoble: RPGHeroNoble - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Level 3
Dear TheBlooddancer,

Although attaching it seems simple enough, it really isn't... (unless you want to prove me the contrary :p)
The thing is that weapon attachements will almost always work 'cause not too much detail is invested in the hand shape (once again, I repeat this is based off GENERAL models). However, body shape varies quite a bit in the world that is Warcraft 3.

I have tried before requesting to make sure I wasn't wasting the time of the general skinners, but, obviously, it didn't work because Blizzard's Villager (male) model and Tenebrae's RPG Hero model vary so much in body shape, the armor would look unfitting for the second of the two. (line.11)

So, unless I stretched the armor model, it wouldn't work appropriately.
Even if the armor model was stretched...

A)I don't have neither the modelling tools or the knowledge to do that
B)It would look deformed !

So here are my options :
A) Change character personnas.
B) Stretch the armor
C) Change the character MODELS and get someone to reskin something else (which is a bit counter productive as it would take more time/effort and changes my personnas ANYWAYS)
D)Scale the armor UP to make it look like Fat Person armor...
E) Attempt to find someone to do it for me here

I'll now go to verify my statements... (I should have doen that before shouldn't I ?)
I appreciate your points of view,

Until next time,

-Warcrafter

Status
Not open for further replies.