• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requiem of the Gods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Requiem of the Gods is our new hosted project on the Hive Workshop. You can find the forum Here.

For all the info on what ROTG is, its best to begin by taking a peek at its official website and to view the video trailer, that'l give you a better idea than any amount of screenshots and the website contains more information I could ever write up in this forum.

The official site can be found at:

http://www.rotg.co.uk

This will be able to quickly give you an idea about what the map is, and what it is like.

Level 9
ROTG is like Dr. Pepper. You have to try it to love it. =p
If you refuse to play anything that isnt Dota your opinion isnt likely to change much is it? hehe
At least you can't just buy power treads and sange and yasha and kill everyone instantly =p
It's there if you want it, play it or not.

Level 8
yAwnOS

why should I play it when I can play DotA? :p

Dota = 5 years of work
RoTG = ( I am estimating ) 1-2 years of work

Dota score - 9.5/10
RoTH score - 9/10

If as much time and effort is put into RoTG as was into Dota, then it would far surpass it in both origionality and playablility. In my opinion, Dota is old, and the new blockbuster map need to come out already (ex. Wintermaul, Dota, RKKR) this map has definite potential to be that blockbuster map. Good job guys, your hard work is much respected here.

Level 9
Thanks man!
It's not designed as such to replace dota, just be an alternative to it, something new to play is all =)
Theres just as many people hate dota as like it, and im just offering an alternative is all.

To clarify, ROTG has taken 10 months now to create, and its a solo project, I do it all myself =p
Dota has been worked on by multiple teams of devloepers not just one guy =)
Its kinda hard to compete with that i'm only human, lol
Also dota has a ton mroe of downloaded content than ROTG does =p
For a full list of all helpers see teh credits page on rotg's site.

Status
Not open for further replies.