• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requesting Pet System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hello there,

I'm requesting a pretty simple AI type of system for a single-player campaign "The Chosen Ones". I'm requesting the system because many have said the campaign is too hard with multiple units so I want to make the game easier by having an AI for the pets. The reason why I'm requesting this system is because my skill level is not good enough for such a system but also like to lighten my own burden with the campaign.

The systems needs time to create. You and I may have ideas to improve the system while creating it so I expect to work with you for couple of weeks. I don't except to create the system within days, more likely weeks. There's no really hurry with it.

Here are some basic things about the system:

• The system is only for player 1, but there will be multiple Masters(3) and Pets(too many to count).
  • The basic structure of the campaign is that it is a battle between player 1 and neutral hostile.
  • The pets doesn't have active skills so you don't need to create AI for spells and such.
  • Create the system with GUI.
  • Make it friendly as possible so I can also edit the system too.
  • The system has multiple settings.
  • Be careful not to make any leaks.
  • I have already created a test map which you'll continue.

Here how the system works:

• "Enable/disable Target" function that either enables or disables the system for the selected target.
  • "Enable/disable System" function that either enables or disables the system completely.
  • Normal Mode: The pets will randomly walk around the summoner in a range of 500 if there's no fighting. If the summoner is attacked or if there's an enemy in the range of 800 of the Summoner the pet attacks. If the pet goes over 1000 range of the summoner it runs back to the summoner. If the pet goes over 1200 range of the summoner it's teleported position of summoner.
  • Passive Mode: The pets will randomly walk around the summoner in a range of 300 if there's no fighting. If the summoner is attacked or if there's an enemy in the range of 500 of the Summoner the pet attacks. If the pet goes over 1000 range of the summoner it runs back to the summoner. If the pet goes over 1200 range of the summoner it's teleported position of summoner.
  • Agressive Mode: The pets will randomly walk around the summoner in a range of 500 if there's no fighting. If the summoner is attacked or if there's an enemy in the range of 1200 of the Summoner the pet attacks. If the pet goes over 1500 range of the summoner it runs back to the summoner. If the pet goes over 2000 range of the summoner it's teleported position of summoner.
  • Create a variable to change these settings easily. I may need to change these settings if they're not balanced.
  • Also there is three buttons which player can use to change the mode of a specific to different.

The map I have attached to this post is the one you'll continue. Also if you have any ideas while doing the system please tell me. Let's make this system awesome. You can later upload it to Hive's database so that other map makers can also use this useful system.

You'll be credited as a System Creator and I'll give you here in Hive some rep to you. Thanks beforehand.

Attachments

• PET SYSTEM 0.01.w3x
    44.8 KB · Views: 70
Level 37
- Why did you delete the setting bar where player could change the settings of the system? You could've just installed the things there. The buttons are very important.

- Right now the masters are more annoying than helpful; they go in your way always. They don't look like they protect the master, instead they look like they want to dance. But this can be fixed by reducing their collision and making them move less frequently.

- The heroes are not suppose to be the pets, they are the masters. So things like water elemental and that item ability I created were suppose to be the pets. Make it easy so that I can put new pets with whatever way I want. (there are multiple ways to summon pets)

- Also I can't save the map meaning you've most likely done the map with some enchanted map editor. Make it so that it starts to work both on normal world editor which I use plus with campaign format. I mean vJASS and some other things cannot be used in campaigns. Or so I've heard.

Other than that I don't see more problems. Good job.

Level 37
Okay, finally things are going forward. I had a little pause from the campaign but I'm back once again. I was also doing new abilities for the project which slowed down everything else I was doing.

So, as you in the beginning didn't place the system under my map I had to do again the whole custom panel. It is now done and next I would like you to take this map and install your system under my created dummy spell book. It is very easy to understand. Thanks a lot.

I have a feeling we could put this to spell section. And of course, you're the one who deserve all the credits.

Attachments

• Pet System 1.1.w3x
    57.4 KB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.