• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Requesting Ice based spells (ultimates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I'm working on an icy pandaren hero and i've made 4 skills for him so far. His first 2 are single targeting, one is non-targeting, and his ultimate is based off of immolation with a few twists. Well, one of his ultimates. Now he's basically a melee-caster unit good at catching up to other unit's and freezing them. His attacks deal relatively decent damage, low compared to others, but have freezing(stunning)/slowing effects. He has one where he curls into a ball and starts rolling anywhere you control him to, running over and stunning/damaging units. Another spell is he called a giant ice explosion from beneath the ground, dealing realtuively high damage and freezing all units around him. His third ability is a breath that slows down units and deals damage over time. And while unit's have the buff, if their health drops below a certain point, they freeze. Now his ultimate is pure damage and it basically burns unit's around him and while activated, fires ice shards at unit's close enough every 0.75 seconds (pheoix effect that's turned on when he activates the spell). Now i'm not sure on a second ultimate he should have. I don't want it to be all that useful, but i want it to help somewhat. A few suggestions, perhaps a metaporphesis ability or a passive that has to do with winter. It would be preferable if you included ways that i could make the spell.

Level 10
Well, maybe i'll make an ice wall which has hp and you have to attack it to get through it. Unit's will automatically attack the wall and my guy will have to channel to keep it going but that gould work too. Currently, i have him exploding into a bunch of ice balls that go around attacking units. But i don't like it.

Level 10
Dunno, His first ultimate already does that basically.

Ok, i'll give a lay out of my hero to help.

Abilities:

Giga Freeze 100mp cooldown 20 seconds

Makes big ice explosion and freezes units for 3-9 seconds or so. Deals up to 354 damage+ depending on intel.

Arctic Breath: 75 mp and low cooldown of 15 secondsSlows unit's by 15-20-25-30% and also deals 25 damage per second for 10 seconds on heroes, 20 on units. If unit's life drops below 5-8-11-14% while this buff is active, they freeze for another 10 seconds. Heroes is 2-3.5-5-6.5% which is about between 70-130 hp left on heroes (it's a fair trade off since the ability only deals max 275 damage to heroes over 10 seconds, so it's mainly used in unison with ultimate.

3: Roll-Out 120 mp

He curls into a ball and accelerates to max speed and moves around terrain. Lasts 35 seconds and you basically use arrow keys to control his turning and you can slow down and stop, run over untis, stunning them based on your momentum, and deal damage in the same way, and also crash through trees. Hitting unit's slow you donw, trees slow you down a lot and when you reach 0 momentum, you stop and the ability ends. With this spell. you could almost reach the enemy base in the 35 seconds (it's actually really fast compared to all heroes and you can cathc up to any hero in this mode. it's that fast).

Last but not least his ultimate: Iceferno activate cost, 100 mp, drains 15 mana per second.

Engulfs panda in flames making him immolated basically. Deals 15-30 damage per second to unit's up close and fires frost orbs as units further away, dealing 25 damage initially and burning 25 a secong for 2 seconds.

This ability fires the frost orbs realively quickly and since the damage dealt is high over time, this works marvelously with his frost breath; cast frost breath and activate this and all youre unit's chasing you will freeze very rapidly. Any unit's left can be taken out with his Giga freeze. So yeah, he deals quite a bit of damage in later levels and very little in early levels for a reason and that's basically to say that he will be a bit better than normal evil heroes at the end but start out a lot weaker and take longer to max out, by which time, other heroes have suped up.

Anyways, now that you know his spells, can you suggest another one which won't bring him over the edge.

I was thinking he gains an ability to make the entire terrain snowy, draining health slowly every second (very slowly), slowing all unit's except himself and occasionally having forzen blizrads cast in random areas every few seconds (not overpowered think of this one the entire map scale and no the blizzards don't effect the entire map.). I'm also thinking of unit's freezing if their life drops under 2-4% and have the spell last something like 3 minutes with 5 minute cooldown (means you can cast every 5 mins and is in effect every 3 mins so later in game you really control but slow is minimal (10-15%) damage drain is small (2-3 hp per second) and maybe i;ll even add an mana drain (1-2 mana per second) basically to keep heroes from healing more so that weakeneing them. Just cancels out natural healing and allows 1 less hit on some unit's and makes killing all enemy heroes easier except panda.

That's my idea, what do yuo guys think, Too powerful?

Status
Not open for further replies.