• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requesting!!!! Details inside!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi there!! I'm looking for a spell that works like shifting skills to another skills included currently learned skills and hasn't been learned (which means skills that can be learned if the lv is reached), it should be like this...
For example:
I am lv 1 and i learned the skill named "Sword - LV1",
I am lv 2 and i learned the skill named "Arrow - LV1",
I am lv 3 and i learned the skill named "Aura - LV1",
I am lv 4 and i upgraded the skill "Sword - LV1" to "Sword - LV2",
I am lv 5 and i upgraded the skill "Sword - LV2" to "Sword - LV3",
I am lv 6 and i learned the ultimate named "Fire Mastery"

ok now, all of my learned skills will be shift to fire skills,
which should be like tis>> "Fire Sword - LV3", "Fire Arrow - LV1" and "Fire Aura - LV1". and all skills that i haven't met the requirement to learn yet will also shifted.
Like>> "Sword - LV4" will be shift to "Fire Sword - LV4" and after that i can learn it later whenever i reach the level.

All shifted skills' LV were depending on the Original skills' LV.
Finally, i wish to have 2 command button that allow me to switch between different form, one for switch to next form while the another for switch back to the previous form.

Like>> now i am Fire, then i can click a button that allow me to switch to Ice form, and all skills will be shift to Ice type too! after that, i click the second button which allow me to switch back to Fire and all skills will be shift back to Fire type!

Finally, i wish that all skills that shifted had shared cooldown...

Million Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goblin_good_job::goblin_good_job:

Well, if you're using abilities for "Ice Form" "Fire Form" then you should simply make those an ability that switches your hero out with an alternate form using the elemental abilities. If you want them to retain their ability levels, then create variables to store this:
Event-Unit casts a spell
Conditions-Spell = tomato mastery
Actions-
Set potatoabilitylevel[player number[triggeringplayer]] = Level of potato ability
Replace triggering unit with tomato unit
Set level of ability tomato = potatoabilitylevel[player number[triggeringplayer]]

I'm assuming you know your way around GUI triggers, so I typed this up from memory. If you want me to actually make the trigger for you, then ask me.

Last edited:
Level 1
Well, if you're using abilities for "Ice Form" "Fire Form" then you should simply make those an ability that switches your hero out with an alternate form using the elemental abilities. If you want them to retain their ability levels, then create variables to store this:
Event-Unit casts a spell
Actions-
Set potatoabilitylevel[player number[triggeringplayer]] = Level of potato ability
Replace triggering unit with tomato unit
Set level of ability tomato = potatoabilitylevel[player number[triggeringplayer]]

I'm assuming you know your way around GUI triggers, so I typed this up from memory. If you want me to actually make the trigger for you, then ask me.

Alright, I'll try to get it up... if I really can't get it, I can just PM u right? Thanks for the suggestion and remind... :grin::grin:

Engineering Upgrades?
Hmmm... I think that isn't a good way, because Engineering Upgrades only "Do Upgrades" but not shift the skills into another which have another debuff or buff, and it doesn't change ur model as well... :D

Level 15
Hmmm... I think that isn't a good way, because Engineering Upgrades only "Do Upgrades" but not shift the skills into another which have another debuff or buff, and it doesn't change ur model as well... :D

There are separate skills for each upgraded one (e.g. Cluster Rockets, Cluster Rockets (Upgrade 1), Cluster Rockets (Upgrade 2), etc), so I think you can morph one skills into another ones (I'm not sure though. gotta experiment with it)

Level 17
Yes, the EU is can shift the ability, with other abilities and retain the level of the ability, even the ability is not same,eg: you have clust rocket lv 3, carrion swarm on lv 5 and you have one skill point left, then ypu learn the EU, and EU upgrade clust to shcokwave, and carrion swarm to crushing wave, at same level...

Level 1
Yes, the EU is can shift the ability, with other abilities and retain the level of the ability, even the ability is not same,eg: you have clust rocket lv 3, carrion swarm on lv 5 and you have one skill point left, then ypu learn the EU, and EU upgrade clust to shcokwave, and carrion swarm to crushing wave, at same level...

Okay, EU can shift the skills, but it only trigger from "Ice Form" shift to "Fire Form" but how do I do if I wanna to shift back into "Ice Form"? Since EU is Passive... Sorry about bothering you guys, I'm new in Editor, and I'm really wish to learn more :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Level 17
Hmm...
Reversal of the abil...
Are you familiar with trigs editor?
yes or not, you can trigger it, add the bear form ability, and set the level of your ability for the second unit (at first make 2 different hero, with ice and fire skill , fire skill is adapted from eu)
Then when the hero use bear form, simply disable all the fire form ability via triggers ''player-disable ability for player''
If the hero want to go back to his fire form, enable all the fire form ability and disable all the ice form ability, and dont forget to disable all the ice form ability at first

Level 17
Uh..
If you want them to share cooldown, it's a bit far to vjass coding...
Cuz gui can't do share cooldown...
or you can add more cooldown to transformation?
Like, if you has skill 1,2,3,4 and they has same 60s cd, then your transformation skill would have a 70 s, cooldown..
So they can't spam skill and then change form, and spam skill again, and you can restrict a player to change form, he can change his hero form, when all his skill are In cd, how about it?

Level 17
Replacing unit will not sharing cooldown the previous unit's..
Only advanced vjass can do this method..
If all the skill is added to sb, then when changing (replacing) unit, the same bug will encountered..
E1: you can use same spell, eg. Thunder clap,with strom clap, the thunder clap slow as and ms, and Strom clap decrease some % of heroes damage, the swapped skill will share cd if made from same ability, (eg. Thunder clap and thunder clap, but with different effect, the effect will created trough triggers)I tested it, and when my hero changing form, the thunder clap and strom clap is sharing cd...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.