• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Request your Spell/System here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
A spell and system workshop, that's nice. I'll give it a try okay.

Dazzling Light
Skill Type: Target Unit
Cast Range: 700
Damage: 50 per level + 20% of the hero's Strength + 50 per 100 distance traveled of the projectile

Spell Description
- Throws a light projectile at an enemy unit and stuns him. Has increase damage depends on how far the unit got hit by the projectile. Each 100 distance traveled by the projectile increases the damage by 50.

Configurable's needed

-Projectile scale
-Projectile speed
-Distance bonus damage

Last edited:
Level 24
jonbon29, you are not specific enough about your spell.

How much more damage should it deal and should that bonus be depending on the distance between the position of the caster on cast moment and the position of the target on the hit moment? Or should it be depending on traveled distance?

Either of them can make an interesting number if the movement speed of the target is insanely much, but only the second method can make the damage practically infinite.

Level 13
jonbon29, you are not specific enough about your spell.

How much more damage should it deal and should that bonus be depending on the distance between the position of the caster on cast moment and the position of the target on the hit moment? Or should it be depending on traveled distance?

Either of them can make an interesting number if the movement speed of the target is insanely much, but only the second method can make the damage practically infinite.

Sorry about that, I edited my 1st post. Is that okay? I have no idea how to increase the damage by distance.

Level 24
Sorry about that, I edited my 1st post. Is that okay? I have no idea how to increase the damage by distance.

The easiest way is to store the elapsed gametime at the moment when the missile is created and substract that from the elapsed gametime at the moment of impact.
Then you multiply that by the speed per second that the missile flies.
Then you have a very simple method of calculating distance traveled.
Ofcourse, you will be using a missile system :D

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
hmm, can u make a timed attack damage,armor,attack speed modification?
i want it to can be stacked.

What you actually want is a timed ability system to combined with BonusMod. There was one in the spell seciton but Almia (the creator) removed it for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Apologies about the Timed Ability.

I deleted all of my resources because most of which are broken and the others just have bugs and coding errors that Mag was not able to point out.

If you want, you can just use TimedHandles

[edit]
Hmm, I thought TimedHandles work with abilities. I can fix Timed Ability for you. Just give me a moment

[edit2]
Here is the fixed version(make sure to copy the LinkedListTable from the map header :) )

Attachments

• Timed Ability v1.3.w3x
    18 KB · Views: 75
Level 4

From the looks of it i have to make my own using this and i barely know how to code.

I change my request to a 9 sloted horadric cube which have a transmute and close button next to each other. It would be awesome if it can be used by multiplayer. If its ok :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.