• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

{Repost} Two spells (none works)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey folks its me again :grin:

I am doing spells again :bored:

I am working with WEU....with advanced triggers...I have some wacky ideas but always return errors...

Spell No.1: Sword Saint [3 Level spell]

Chance to evade/critical 5% per level with buff Stunned(pause) durations; 0.25, 0.5 and 0.75 sec.

Trigger part:

All i want to do is Decrease Hero armor by 3xLevel of ability (Sword Saint) and increase Movement speed by 5% x Level of Ability (Sword Saint)

Spell No.2: Bladesweep [4 Level spell]
Base spell: Warstomp

problem 1: Casting animation Blademasters Bladestorm Spin (Casting unit is Blademaster...) I need animation names or i dont know what... Only want to Blademaster do 1 spin and cast a spell.

problem 2: Spell does not Stun units but does some damage and Slide(push back, like SB Greater bash in DotA..]

Help me out with that if someone can:thumbs_up:

THX!:infl_thumbs_up:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This Thread exist in Forum Section Spells and Systems but there is no reply..ok its 1:grin:

Updated details: Trigger part only.

Sword Saint
Events:
Unit-Unit Learns a skill

Conditions:
Ability is being cast is equal to Sword Saint

Actions:
Advanced-For(triggering unit) Decrease Defense by (4x(level of Sword Saint for (triggering unit)))

Problem when i learns Sword Saint I dont get Armor Decrease.... What am i doing wrong ????:witch_doc_sad:

Bladesweep
Events:
Unit-A unit begins casting an ability

Conditions:
(ability beings cast) is equal to Bladesweep

Actions:

Advanced-SLIDE (????)<dont know what to> pink random number of units betwen 3-10> using (random Angle) degrees angle with a starting velocity of 42 and kill destructables in way True

Help me out pls :coolgrunt:

MODERATORS, ADMINS... I am sorry pfor double posting my thread. I am sure that i will not do that in the future.

Level 8
Sword Saint
Events:
Unit-Unit Learns a skill

Conditions:
Ability is being cast is equal to Sword Saint

Actions:
Advanced-For(triggering unit) Decrease Defense by (4x(level of Sword Saint for (triggering unit)))

Problem when i learns Sword Saint I dont get Armor Decrease.... What am i doing wrong ????:witch_doc_sad:

it culd bee that you have set events to wen a unit learns a spell and then you got wen a unit uses a spell, thos to things wont work together, its like if you say lol but means omfg=)) try to chnage that

Level 4
Stupid me: -changed still doesn't work

Sword Saint

• Sword Saint
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Sword Saint
    • Actions
      • Advanced - For (Learning Hero) Decrease defense by (4 x (Level of Sword Saint for (Learning Hero)))

Level 6
Instead of using those advanced triggers with WEU, why not create an item skill (READ: still needs to be an Item Skill) based on Item Armor Increase, then set X levels for it and set the reduction. Now do this:

Events
Unit - A unit Learns a skill
Conditions (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Sword Saint
Actions
Add (Armor reduction for SS) to (Learning Hero)
Set Level of (Armor reduction for SS) for (Learning Hero) to (Level of (Sword Saint) for (Learning Hero))

I don't know at all if it may work. If not try to: a) change Learning Hero to Triggering Unit OR b) Set a variable to your hero and create a new trigger with "Every 1 seconds of time Set Level of (Armor reduction for SS) for SSHero to (Level of (Sword Saint) for SSHero)

Also, if I know, you need to create the "Run Advanced Triggers" or something like that at Map Initialization event to make Weu triggers work

Level 4
Also, if I know, you need to create the "Run Advanced Triggers" or something like that at Map Initialization event to make Weu triggers work

This is Set... Map initialization>Run Advanced Triggers...

Will try out your idea:smile:

EDIT: The thing with Item Skill doent work...Becuase from some reason i cant add negative numbers for defense value....and yes i have option in File>Preferences>Allow Negative values in OE... If Someone know how use negative numbers on items tell me...

• Bladesweep
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Thunder Clap
    • Actions
      • Advanced - Slide (Random unit from (Units within 250.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)))) using (Random angle) degrees angle with a starting velocity of 10.00 and kill destructables in the way True
      • Advanced - Slide (Random unit from (Units within 250.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)))) using (Random angle) degrees angle with a starting velocity of 10.00 and kill destructables in the way True
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Animation - Reset (Casting unit)'s animation
Thats the thingy with Bladesweep...This works...but caster unit in included...how to exclude caster unit...its annoying if there is no units around and you fucku yourselfs in the trees, besides that this cause spell malfunction (no cooldown,..)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.