• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Removing Flames from Certain Models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've noticed that there are certain models (DemonHunterMissile.mdx, Infernal.mdx, Doomguard.mdx, etc.) that have green flame elements (such as doom guard's sword, particles in DH missile, Infernal's Infernalness :p ) that apparantly don't use any .blp files. The problem with this is that I can't edit/change/delete those flames if, for instance, I want to make a blue Infernal but the green flames are entirely out of place. Has anyone stumbled upon a simple way to remove these flames from a model? The DH missile is the one in particular that I want to change.

Level 3
Well I thought of that, but WC3 Viewer and Image Extractor doesn't associate a chaosflameorwhatever.blp with the model. Doesn't that mean that the model is not using any seperate .BLP's to create the flames? Unless I missed something...

Level 3
SUSPECT FILES FOR: Infernal.mdx

ReplaceableTextures\Weather\Clouds8x8.blp
Textures\clouds_anim1_bw.blp
Textures\Clouds8x8Grey.blp

SUSPECT FILES FOR: Doomguard.mdx

Textures\clouds_anim1_bw.blp

SUSPECT FILES FOR: DemonHunterMissile.mdx

Textures\Flame4.blp

They all share the same Clouds8x8.blp file, so if I had to guess any I'd guess it. But on none of them have those clouds colored green. Maybe something in the model causes them to tint green or something? Maybe it has something to do with the ReplaceableTextures folder in which it belongs. If anyone knows about this please post what you know.

Level 3
Define emitter colors. Or say where precisely to find that information in the .mdl. Are your refferring to the Textures section where the paths to all used skins are located?

Level 13
NO, not the textures section. Search the mdl for something like "ParticleEmitter" (it's almost at the bottom of the mdl). Till now I had no time to try to change this. I'll do it the next days with the Infernal-model. I'll post my results (though no one wants to answer me I have to try it -> try and error)

Level 3
Ok then do that and see what happens. If I can remove those flames it would make alot of models look better.

Level 3
Well I found the ParticleEmitter section. I'm going to play around with this for a while. I noticed that there's RGB numbers and I wonder if it would be possible to turn the flames orange or something.

Level 13
OK, it's the SegmentColor-Section in the particle region. It adds the color to the particles. I'm just experimenting a bit with the InfernalBirth.mdl

Edit:
Most of it is orange now, but *sigh*, I can't do everything orange, part of the impact is still green (and as test I put every particle orange, even the smoke :? )

Someone good to mdl-editing can help?

Edit: Hehe, stupid me, it was WE's fault, not mine. It's working perfect now.

btw it's not only the particle-section (for the infernalbirth.mdx), I also had to change some static colors, something like this:

GeosetAnim {
Alpha 2 {
DontInterp,
23000: 1,
23800: 0,
}
static Color { 0.321569, 0.913726, 1 },
GeosetId 1,

Status
Not open for further replies.