• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

remaining charges bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
My hero has an ability and if he starts casting it, the following action gets triggered:

• For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: test
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A))) Greater than 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: d
          • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A)) to ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A))) - 1)
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: z
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot (Integer A))
cr = charges remaining
Now if my hero has
3 cr in Slot 1
1 cr in Slot 3
3 cr in Slot 5

what happens is that 1 charges gets removed from slot 1, item in Slot 3 gets removed but item in Slot 5 is unchanged.

if my hero has 3 cr in all slots then everything works fine and he loses 1 charge of each item. I also tried other scenarios and what happens is that as soon as it spots an item with 1 cr, it removes it and then the action stops...any idea why this could happen?

if my hero has 3 cr in all slots then everything works fine and he loses 1 charge of each item. I also tried other scenarios and what happens is that as soon as it spots an item with 1 cr, it removes it and then the action stops...any idea why this could happen?
If you have another Trigger with the Event Unit - Loses Item, and you use the for Each Integer A loop inside this OnItem-Lose it will break.
Cause of the Loop overlapping. Easiest solution would be to use another Loop Integer in the OnLoseItem stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.