• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reign of Chaos hehe my first go at terraining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Its from the RoC intro movie, where the infernal lands among the footman and grunt.
my first go at terraining, plz post feedback etc
(i think it kinda sucks, but w/e)
EDIT: another view.
EDIT: Pics with new stuff

Attachments

• Reign of Chaos.JPG
    Reign of Chaos.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 195
  • Infernal Rofl.JPG
    Infernal Rofl.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 186
  • Infernal 2.JPG
    Infernal 2.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Level 34
errr well, the first ones outdated -.-
it was outdated for like 3 minutes, but if you check the movie, there isnt that much grass left near the crater after it landed
I don't base my judgment off the movie, simply terrain experience.

Overall it's a pretty poor terrain. It does resemble the movie pretty well though.

Level 34
well, everybody starts somewhere right?
i think ill like terraining, but there arent enough hours in the day...
Everyone does have to start somewhere, but you aren't going to get any less of a review than our veteran members, ie I won't hold anything back, I'll be entirely honest.

Level 34
Search here in the terrain forum. There was someone who was working on an impressive one. You can get some ideas from that.

Level 25
Though the actual terrain is plain and - to be honest - boring, but the part which makes it a success is that it looks a lot like how it was in the cinematic. Only additions needed is a black fog and grass doodads and you should be well on your way.

~Craka_J

Level 28
I don't base my judgment off the movie, simply terrain experience.

Overall it's a pretty poor terrain. It does resemble the movie pretty well though.

well, everybody starts somewhere right?
i think ill like terraining, but there arent enough hours in the day...

Actually, I think that the movie itself has a poor terrain, then it isn't his fault.

Maybe with some more experience he will make a better terrain, but it will still boring and etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.