• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reforged Terrain Test - Time Lapse Video

Level 36
Damn, I really like this!

I would love to see a slightly slower version, so that it'd be a bit easier to follow everything you're doing as you work on this terrain. Something like half the current speed or something would be awesome ^^

Also, I'm both confused and interested by how it seems like, to me anyway, you've somehow managed to make the alpha-tile into what, a doodad? Very intriguing. Care to share how this is done? :)

At any rate, thank you a lot for posting this, I'm sure a many terrainers will get a lot of inspiration and information from watching this!

Damn, I really like this!

I would love to see a slightly slower version, so that it'd be a bit easier to follow everything you're doing as you work on this terrain. Something like half the current speed or something would be awesome ^^
Glad you like it! I may post it, but the rendering takes so long haha.

Also, I'm both confused and interested by how it seems like, to me anyway, you've somehow managed to make the alpha-tile into what, a doodad? Very intriguing. Care to share how this is done? :)
Since imported alpha tiles doesn't work in HD, the only way to achieve it is either A) use a trigger action to hide all terrain, or B) set the model file of ruined ground to none.mdl and place them around. I chose the latter, since the former makes absolutely all terrain invisible, so if you want a combination of normal ground and alpha tiles this is the only way.

Ah, thank you tons!

This will help me a lot with completely wrecking you in the HDTC02 ;)

No, but really, that anecdote needs to be added to the Guidelines to the Terrain Board thread, so that everyone can enjoy the alpha-tile, whether SD or HD.
Haha I don't doubt it.

Yeah some things needs a touch up in the guidelines section. There's still the issue with the fog being visible against the skybox when using alpha tiles though, but if you watch the time lapse closely enough you may figure out how to get past it :p