• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Recommend GIF Maker ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hello, I am trying to find a program that allows me to convert part of my screen into a GIF.
Instead of making tons of pictures or create a video I would like to know whether there is a tool that allows me to take focus on a certain part of the screen, like the 'snipping tool' of Windows.

In case such program does not exist, what is a recommend one to make GIFs for the resource section ? Like spinning question marks, wizards channelling a spell and such.

I would be glad if you could help me.

Level 29
There is a very obscure and old functionality called a screenshot.
You use it by pressing the hidden button on your keyboard (intuition 10+), and if your roll passed successfully, a copy of the visible objects on the screen will be saved to the clipboard, which is an invisible space meant only for super secret data.
You can then open any kind of painting program, and press the magical paste button (or if you are less illiterate, Ctrl+V), and move on to crop this image however you want.

Good luck.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Maybe call me stupid, but this does not give me a sequence, does it ?
If I press the screenie button, then I get one picture to CnP.
So I have to redo the step to get a new one. Pressing the button multiple time does not give me more images, but one.
I would like to know how I can make a 'fluently' GIF, not adding screenshot by screenshot and having a crappy GIF that shows only a percentage of the movement.

Level 29
Oh, somehow I read that as you wanting a single frame.
You can use any video capturing program (my favorite is OBS), which usually allow you to capture a specified region, and then convert whatever format it outputs to a GIF.
The latter can be done with all kinds of programs, but I find it the easiest to just type "convert x to y" in a search engine, and do it using a website.

Status
Not open for further replies.