• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recollection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
(From one of my roleplay's including Engel.)

Engel gazed over the horizon, contemplating what events took place over the course of this month; he had found that in life a man found much time to ponder over choices, regrets and memories. In but a day man and woman alike whom he had met three years ago made their appearance, even an assassin had come to claim his life. Though one person changed the flows of fate he followed and that was the elven woman Ellerina, spending the entire week together the Ranger had left Arbarad with the mercenary for Ellerina had but a week to spend with him before having to return to her homeland for great mishappenings were traversing the land.

Engel placed his hand over his chest feeling pain from a scar that had recently been bestowed upon him, by Damian that ruination of life. For six years they had hunted eachother like animals, neither forgiving the other for crimes untold to others. Their reunion was not one of happiness or rejoice but a bitter blow to one's soul. Sighing to himself the event replayed itself.
~
Engel, I've come to end this hunt.

Even after six years you blame me for the massacre.

Ranger, past vows of friendship are broken. I seek not retribution but to end the pain of the past, knowing that you live after that massacre fills my blood with hatred. I have seeked power and power I have gained not in magicks but in mind and skill, with this I end you.

One could say that this would be the perfect symbol of a man who had chosen the road of good and a man who chose the road of darkness, each loosed their swords in hands, both holding a soul-entrenched lust for the other's death.

Circling eachother like pit bulls, Engel lunged first thrusting his sword for the heart of the damnation. Though this attack was but only a inch off as it grazed the side of Damian, seeking a quick counter. Dryden brought the hilt of his sword to Engel's head, causing a grievous blow as he was knocked back, falling on the ground Engel had been disoriented as if a club was just thrown at him. But enough sense he had to roll to the side as Damian brought down that dark blade meant to sever his head.

The Ranger felt light-headed from the gash on his forehead but to let his once blood-trusted friend kill him would cause Ellerina to descend into mourning. Disrobing from his cloak the ranger held it in one hand, using it to block off Damian's vicious attacks.

A obsidian statue would hold more emotion in it's face than did Damian for love and fear had all but fled from his years of madness, though how could a madman plan as he did in times past ending the lives of many whom he considered threats; it was not new to him to cause brother and brother or father and son to draw sword upon eachother, to murder the other in cold blood.

Damian gave a sudden charge placing his knee straight into the gut of the Ranger causing him to gasp for air, but with a wild swing that came from Engel he had cut a straight line across Damian's eye, not knowing whether he would lose it forever or not for only blood could be seen through that eye, the wound was light to where it would not be mortal but this caused the man to feel emotion, a darker emotion, hatred.

Engel had been on the defense for long enough, though he was fortunate to partially blind Damian he had always been the better swordsman whereas Engel took love in woodlore and marksmanship, bringing his leg around in a swoop he hoped to cause Damian to fall down giving him the edge. With a blinded eye he was given this chance, Damian fell down near the edge of a brook. Rising the two crossed swords each with a glint of fury in the eyes for they needed not words to know what the other thought.

At the edge of the brook the two fought on, neither gaining footing or ground, wounds scattered their bodies for it was as the battle of titans had come, but alas Damian had achieved what he wished. Engel had lost his footing from a deceptive thrust of Damians, though the Rangers reflexes saved him from losing his life as he dodged the blade only the tip grazing his chest. With the same reflexes that saved his life, Engel pulled a dagger from the sheath on his thigh plunging it into the shoulder of Damian, feeling a numbing sensation in his sword-arm he could not stop the Ranger from finishing him.

Raising his sword to finish what took years, they spoke naught to eachother for the eyes spoke to eachother, the hatred stood, the vow of death was given. Damian fell back into the brook, rushing down the stream with his eye ever focused on Engel's own.

The Ranger staggered back, leaning against a tree panting for air as he knew that Damian would live on, his hatred was to strong his reason to live would keep him going until the day he died. This time Damian would not risk a open duel as was before, this time he knew not of what the devious manipulator had in mind for three years ago Arbarad and himself had fought, near to killing eachother if Ellerina had not halted their foolish behavior.

~

Breaking his hand from the scar, Engel walked down the road past through Dunland with neither friend or foe only himself and memories to carry with him through his travels to the land he had protected for many a year from the plagues of the land with other rangers of his blood and heritage. He had hoped to run into his mentor Magnus for hope of gaining words of his wisdom to aid his troubled mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.