• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] RealmCraft (WIP)

Level 2
Hey there folks,

Here's a map I've been working on. My end goal is a sort of open-ended survival / defense map and a borderline RPG, where you can fight or ally with other players. Recommended players is 1+ meaning it will always be playable in single player. I'm not really sure what the victory conditions would be... it's possibly unique to each hero.

The first alpha release is playable and winnable. It includes the Paladin faction in the defense of their capital against a growing horde of undead. It takes about an hour to complete the waves and defeat the final boss. Once the final boss is defeated, the invasion ends and the content in this first alpha release is complete. Skills are modeled after the Q-W-E-R format of popular moba games, and right now, Paladins are all the same skill wise. They have a thunderclap ability that is too powerful and not meant for them, but even with that I lose without an ideal base location. My goal with Paladins is a heavy focus on deploying Militia, but it's not quite there yet with balancing.

Key Features:

Nomadic Start:
After selecting a Hero, players receive a special builder unit. Their spawn position is random, and players must select a location to construct their Capital.

Procedural Chaos: Explore an ever-shifting landscape that threatens you. Each round is a fresh adventure using a procedurally generated environment.

Realm Biomes: Carve out a space and contribute to the creation of the world biome. Adapt and thrive in a player-driven ecosystem that evolves with the needs of each Realm.

Survive Challenges: Test your mettle in a harsh and dynamic environment. Gather resources, craft items, and strategize to overcome any obstacles ahead.

rc1.png
rc2.png
rc3.png

Considering this is an alpha, content is likely to change and new content is planned. If you would be so kind as to try the alpha and provide general feedback on design, balance, and entertainment value, it would help me to develop this map with more success.

Attachments

• RealmCraft v0.1.0_alpha-preview.w3x
    5.4 MB · Views: 2