• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rate my voice!

Rate my voice

• Good - convincing, sounded genuine

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • ok - some times it sounded fake or acted poorly

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • bad - you shouldn't have bought a micro :s

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Lolz go slight your wrists emo kid !!11!1!111

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
hello!

I'm making a cinematic, and i'm having trouble finding some voice actors, so i did the rash thing, and i went out to buy a microphone and recorded some voices. So i'm curious to know what people think if my first 'acting performances'

There's 4: the 1st is my regualr voice, the second is a demonic voice, the 3rd is a dying guy, and the fourth (watch out is pretty loud and crappy) is the demon guy again.

Please tell me how it was ... I don't want to ruin my cinematic with my voice ^^

(IMO, the 2nd and 3rd are the best)

Attachments

• Holdpositions.mp3
    243.3 KB · Views: 131
  • YouIdiots.mp3
    126.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Sad.mp3
    796.8 KB · Views: 105
  • My arm!.mp3
    99.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Level 15
Not so very good

To be honest with you, only the ''my arm" is good other not so good.
Giving comands ain't your talent. You were blowing your microphone away.
My advice: hold a paper betwen you and micro, It worked for me.

Umm... I could do it for you if you would like.

Funny story, I clicked on the you idiots one on accident when I opened the tread and it scared the shit out of me because I didnt know where it was coming from and I have it so windows media player is one of the little icons in the bottom right corner rather than on my taskbar my go that was scary looped like 50 times before I found it.

Level 9
Well, I have a few tips for you...

Speak loudly.
Enunciate using your diaphragm.
Don't blow into the microphone. (hold an air blocker in the way, or speak further away)
Add some more emotion into your voice!
Practice the lines until you are certain you won't trip over words.
Sound editing software is your friend!

Hope I helped.

Level 15
And I saw your cinematic LordHunter. It's pretty good. Only thing missing are the voices. And I saw a few minor bugs.

Level 15
You got me interested, and thats not easy to do.

Ok I have a few questions. First could you get me music like that but not cutted and you must be joking about that this is your first movie, I could belive if it was first uploaded. I would give the movie 9.5/10(as I said voices)

Last edited:
Level 6
Well i discovered the WE a month ago, i made an RPG for 2 weeks, then i started creating cine's for 2 weeks, then i made this one over a week.

Well the music i got, was stuff i heard before somewhere and i used limewire to download them. Limewire is a free p2p and you can get all of stuff there (music, videos etc..)

If you don't have it DL it here http://www.limewire.com/

Thanks for your rating, it's nice to know that at least some people apreciate my work :)

@instant ramen

Sry didn't see your post before. Thanks for the advice, i think you have some good points, that i'll use to improve

Level 15
Last edited:
Level 2
1) Try to lower the microphone input volume in order to remove some of the self-noise from your mic.
2) Use a sound editor to cut out some of the hiss and stuff.
3) Don't speak directly into the mic because this causes pops and clicks. At least, try not to blow airflow into it. Mind plosive consonants like , [t] and [k] - very dangerous.
4) Fuck around with your voice and see what's in store (determine what kind of voices you could do). Different accents maybe, change the pitch, make it smooth or sharp, clean or harsh but certainly - don't overact and try to make an impression you're not capable of. Not everyone can be a great narrator or Count Dooku, so if something isn't working out, just don't do it for the time being. In the same time, don't be monotonous and underact except when the character demands it.
5) Don't rely on sound effects! You can't just lower the frequency by an octave for the older characters and raise a bit for the children, and yeah! - 'I'm done!' 'cause it doesn't sound like a human anymore.
Basically, that's it! I may have missed something but it's quite alright for now.

Level 10
Well, these sounds sound a little techno to me. Maybe the quality I don't know. As others stated, My Arm is funny,good and worthful. And again as others stated you shouldnt give any order. You can't be a commander @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.