• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Random Map

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A simple random map generator created with 1.26 map editor version. Can be converted to a newest patch if desired. 128x128 Lordearon Summer tileset. Computer players insist on a proxy starting position, so they get buggy. To play with computers, see AI friendly version.
Contents

Random Map (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Please, do not upload separate versions of the same map when they are not really different. Also your descriptions are lacking. Random Map As here, minor work in terms of melee. Also consider what mafe wrote. Substandard.
Level 29
The idea is interesting, I remember RA2 or EE had a random map generator tool.

but in wc3 it wont work,

for a balanced play, everything must be placed mindfully,
to much random will end in 1 player have all the mines near, and the other not, like you can see in your screen, thats not a good thing.
174096-97a5c0eb735dcbf656531be5b11e61e7.jpg

players like to practice, memorice the map for the best strategy.
also all the map is plain monotileset green and empty.

Let me know, if you want something to be done with this idea...

my sugestion perhaps would be design a normal melee map, with random neutral buildings
there is an option to make buildings spawn at random in fixed positions, like @mafe map

Brightwater Oasis

that would be a safe way to have game quality.

Last edited:

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
I really like the idea, but it might also be rather an "altered melee" than a regular "melee" by the hiveworkshop standards.

While this isnt a review yet, the map currently isnt using th the latest patch data (can hopefuyll be enforced by setting game data to "melee (latest patch)"), which it definitely would need to in order to be considered "Melee". Also, the itemdrops seem to be completely over the top for a "melee" map.