• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Quick Help - Green Text on Ability & Diff Ability Casting Another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
it's not what you think
(yes the green square shows up when i pause the game)
but the icon shows fine UNTIL i put a point into it. then when i go back to the ability menu (O) the ability is green.
wtf is this?

ALSO. when i cast one of my (base ability being used is rain of fire on both abilitys (3 abilitys to e exact, but it doesnt do it with the 3rd one))
abilitys it will instead cast the other ability when using the mouse left click (if you use hotkey its not a problem)
why does this happen????

Last edited by a moderator:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 65
The icon is missing it's disabled version, also known as the DISBTN. Every icon has a BTN and DISBTN version and sometimes a passive/autocast version.
Here's a random icon as an example: BTNRedMirror
See how it has a BTN, DISBTN, PAS, and DISPAS version. PAS is passive and DISPAS is disabled passive.

And abilities that share the same order will conflict with one another. Blizzard never intended for a unit to have more than 1 of the same ability. The solution is to use something like the Channel ability which allows you to choose your own order (Base Order Id) and then trigger the effects of the ability. If triggering the effects is too difficult, trigger a Dummy unit to cast the real ability for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.