• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question: Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can also code it! ;)
Go to the Destructibles tab, find your destructible and go to View -> Display Values as Raw Data. Now, memorize the id you see for your destructible. If it's a custom destructible, it will be something like D000; in my case, it was the Egg Sack destructible, so its raw ID was 'DTes'.
Import this code into your map (go to Trigger Editor, create a New Trigger, go to Edit -> Convert to Custom Text, and delete everything from the converted trigger. Get back here, select my code and right click - Copy; go back to the blank code and right click - Paste):
JASS:
function Trig_Melee_Initialization_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local integer i1 = 100
    local integer i2 = 1
    local real x
    local real y
    local real z
    loop
        exitwhen i2 > i1
        set x = GetRandomReal(GetRectMinX(bj_mapInitialPlayableArea), GetRectMaxX(bj_mapInitialPlayableArea))
        set y = GetRandomReal (GetRectMinY(bj_mapInitialPlayableArea),GetRectMaxY(bj_mapInitialPlayableArea))
        set z = GetRandomReal (500, 2000)
        call CreateDestructableZ ('DTes', x, y, z, 0, 1, 1) //'DTes': remember to replace that with the rawcode I told you about!
        set i2 = i2 + 1
    endloop
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Melee_Initialization takes nothing returns nothing
    local trigger t = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerAddAction( t, function Trig_Melee_Initialization_Actions )
endfunction

It will create stars at random points with random height.
Here is the result:
Example[Stars].jpg
Editor View:
EditorView.jpg

As you can see, you don't have to place anything at all.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Shoot, that impressed the hell out of me. Thanks a bunch for your help, I'll try it later on :smile:
Might just ask another question while I'm at it; what model should I use if I want to create like water-reflections from moonlight? 2-p used a flat version of the holy rain model and I want something like that, however I want it to be white. Tried the monsoon model and it was perfect, except for the big messy clouds it created.

Last edited:
Your destructible must be based off "Egg Shack" to work. If you have a custom destructible (via copy paste), then press Ctrl + D in your editor to display values as raw data. Check what rawcode your destructible has (it will be something like B000); go back to the code and replace 'DTes' with the rawcode of your destructible. Make sure you place the rawcode (e.g. B000) within '': 'B000'.

Level 8
ok..
i fixed.. my model is based now on Egg Sack.
But .... still bad..
JASS:
function Trig_Melee_Initialization_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local integer i1 = 50000
    local integer i2 = 1
    local real x
    local real y
    local real z
    loop
        exitwhen i2 > i1
        set x = GetRandomReal(GetRectMinX(bj_mapInitialPlayableArea), GetRectMaxX(bj_mapInitialPlayableArea))
        set y = GetRandomReal (GetRectMinY(bj_mapInitialPlayableArea),GetRectMaxY(bj_mapInitialPlayableArea))
        set z = GetRandomReal (500, 2000)
        call CreateDestructableZ ('B001', x, y, z, 0, 1, 1) //'DTes': remember to replace that with the rawcode I told you about!
        set i2 = i2 + 1
    endloop
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Melee_Initialization takes nothing returns nothing
    local trigger t = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerAddAction( t, function Trig_Melee_Initialization_Actions )
endfunction

this is it... B001 ia based on Egg Sack 100%
I just changed the model....
Please PM me with your Msn. to help me via TeamViewer or something like this...
Or maybe you can post here

Status
Not open for further replies.