• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Projectiles with no target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Since i'm in a hurry i'm posting a new thread for this specific question:
I have item that, when used, fires a projectile towards an offset of 800.
This means the spell has no target, hence i dont know how to make it deal damage.

*I want it do damage units of a certain type or classification when they come closer than 150.

*The projectile is a dummy unit.

*It has to be MUI.

Level 6
use the shockwave for example...?
just replace all the values (damage and such) to 0 and remove the model...
Then, create a trigger like this:

Event
Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
Condition
Ability being cast equal to Shockwave
Action
Unit - Create 1 Dummy unit at (location of ability being cast) facing default...
Set (Variable) - (Last created unit)
Unit - Order (Variable) to damage a area after 0.00 seconds in a radius of 150 dealing 200 damage.
Wait - 0.50 seconds
Unit - Remove (Variable)

You should add some special effects aswell...
Hope it helps, it should not leak...
Have not tested it but you try ;)

Level 4
use the shockwave for example...?
just replace all the values (damage and such) to 0 and remove the model...
Then, create a trigger like this:

Event
Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
Condition
Ability being cast equal to Shockwave
Action
Unit - Create 1 Dummy unit at (location of ability being cast) facing default...
Set (Variable) - (Last created unit)
Unit - Order (Variable) to damage a area after 0.00 seconds in a radius of 150 dealing 200 damage.
Wait - 0.50 seconds
Unit - Remove (Variable)

You should add some special effects aswell...
Hope it helps, it should not leak...
Have not tested it but you try ;)

If you read my post, it says that it does not have a target, the projectile automatically fires at triggering units facing when the unit is used.
What i can do though is to make the offset point the value in a variable, then create a dummy at triggering units point and make it fire an invisible shockwave that moves at the same speed as the projectile towards the offset point.
Just perhaps. So thanks anyway.

Level 4
Use shockwave?

I've tried, it now looks like this:

• Bowl
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Bowling Ball
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_PointCleaner = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Temp_PointCleaner2 = ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 800.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees)
      • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s attack animation
      • Unit - Create 1 Bowling Ball for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Temp_PointCleaner facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Temp_PointCleaner offset by 800.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees)
      • Unit - Add a (800.00 / (Default movement speed of (Last created unit))) second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 dummy unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Temp_PointCleaner facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees
      • Unit - Add Shockwave (DUMMY) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave Temp_PointCleaner2
      • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_PointCleaner)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_PointCleaner2)
But it still doesen't work!
What's wrong?

Level 6
or you simply make an unit with Shockwave (learned) and make the shockwave autocasted (I think that can be done, I got no WC3 on this comp so...)

Make the same action & condition, but create just a unit and it should autocast the spell :p

dunno, try that...

Status
Not open for further replies.