• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Project] Marine Mania (follow-up of Footmen Chronicles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
[Project (recruitment)] Marine Mania (follow-up of Footmen Chronicles)

Hello to everyone, one and all!

With this (not so) little posting, I am honored to announce to the few fans from long ago (ap0calypse, Killerbine, Seskal, tlactar, you know who you are ;-) ), and of course, to you, dear reader, that, as promised in the map "Footmen Chronicles" itself, I have begun development on what I intend to call...

Marine Mania

Likewise, I would like to invite anyone with decent skill, quite some devotion, a good dash of Footmen-expierience and a little interest to join here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Plan:

The development will consist of 3 phases:

Phase 1) - Transition:

As a follow up of Footmen Chronicles, Frenzy, wars, and what other names it had, this map should include at the very least, all features from the original 1.95 Footmen Chronicles, as well as a few new features which were already planned for FC back when it was still running. This includes: 6 races with 6 tiers, custom weapon systems with as good a balance as one can hope for, a boatload full of heroes (it was 56 in the original I believe), the banking system, etc.

If applicaple, this will be the first release.

Phase 2) - Additions:

Here, we will go ahead and add new features, like the new spawning system. It is also my intention to be capable of allowing the players to select a variety of modes, so that it will be possible to combine Footmen-type maps with AOS-type of maps (yes, it's possible and yes I've almost done it back in TFT, and no, it's not that original).
Also, the plan includes to code the map that the teams are not fixed, and are switchable between all possible modes.

This will be the "great release" of the new map.

Phase 3) - Constant improvements:

Once phase 1 and 2 are done, we will continue making improvements to the map, which when making Phases 1 and 2 are not yet available, possible or known.

Currently, I am glad to have anyone join me. Be it coders, or modellers, or AI-programmers, or terrainers, testers, or even people who just have a few ideas, all are welcome.

Thanks for reading this far, and I hope to see you either soon, or once the map is done.

Yours,

Ouguiya

Last edited:
Level 2
Not many posts yet, maybe if you started making the map and submitted a few pictures first.

+ Flashy Colors Would Improve your post

Level 7
i agree a bunch of bright colors is irritating and to me it says LOOK ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH SO I MAKE IT BRIGHT AND SHINY WITH COLORS!

Level 4
Blog update 1; 12. May, 2010

Starting from here, I will make a kind of blog for those interested how the development is coming along. For all non-interested, please quietly pass this posting by, thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have received a request for aid from my good old friend Killerbine, who will help with object data and terrain.

Terrain: Killerbine has started already, and thus far, the few pics she sent me seem really nice for a beginning. I'll upload final pics of the terrain in the main post as soon as it's done.

Object data (units): Started with this late last night, and though I love all the new possibilities of editing, this increases the time it takes to adjust the units to a fair level.

Triggers: The initialization of the map is near done (meaning setting all the variables, visibility adjustments, spawning of specific doodads and so forth and so on).

Map data: Finished the map description, camera and map bounds, loading screen, settings, team options, player settings etc. Starting today or tomorrow with advanced features.

External work (i.e.: Models, Textures etc.): This is where neither me nor Killerbine have any skill. If there be a modeller, modder or texturer (or all three combined) out there, we'd be honored to have you on board.

Level 4
Hi there, Itachi009.

That sounds great! Especially since I am told that the new "coding language" underneath the pretty new GUI triggers is similar to C.

If your interest in the project hasn't changed since you made the posting, welcome on board. Find me on MSN ([email protected]) or on Skype (Ouguiya-Blub) or via private message through this forum.

See you soon hopefully, and welcome again.

Yours,

Ouguiya

Level 4
Another update

Hello again to everybody!

Well, now that the game has come out, and we had a broad-brush look in the beta about what to expect, the real mapping will begin soon.

Up till now, the project has 3 (or 4?) members, which are:

Ouguiya - Coordinator, terrain, a bit of coding

Killerbine (a.k.a Monsterkatze) - Terrain, Art

Bloodcount - Testing, Object editing

(Itachi 009) - Would be coder, but we haven't heard from him since he posted his last message.

With 2-3 more members, the project will be completable. The task now is to create the bulk of the terrain, and start with the basic coding.

If any of you would like to help, we currently need all we can get.

Thanks a lot for the support already given!

Yours,

Ouguiya

Status
Not open for further replies.