• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Frozen/Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to make clear for everyone that is just checking these forums by chance that Gaias Retaliation ORPG was cancelled some months ago. The project is currently dead.

Please do not write us PMs or mails about wether we will continue the map. At least me won't.

If you are interested to continue the map by yourself (warning: requires a lot of JASS skills and some kind of iron will ;) ), feel free to write into the 'unprotected' thread.

All I can say is that I am sorry for not being able to continue the map. I put almost two years of heart blood into this ... believe me that it wasn't an easy decision for me.

Maybe for those that are interested to know why I cancelled the project:
I'm a university student and the next two years will probably be the hardest of my life with three 40-page project works coming up. I am also playing guitar in a band and felt like focusing on my playing skills instead would be a good change. Maybe I'm just recognizing now that time is not waiting for me. ... heck, I can't believe that I have to start working in two years ...
You never notice how short childhood is until its gone.

All I want to say is: Thank you to everyone supporting us during the last two years. And also thank you for playing this map. I simply can't believe that this map has gotten so popular during this time ...

Level 2
I must say that, this was the most awnsome map i´ve ever played, you made a great job and probably if you this as good as in oyur job, you will be an great professional.

Level 10
It makes me sad to hear that the project is officially dead. I feel as if we as the community have grown and developed alongside your map and it will be sad to see that community disburse, but I fully understand your reasons 100% and I wish you the best of luck on your next two years in college and in your band.

Level 30
I just found out this RPG has just closed down, how sad, since the game has a lot of cool aspects and thrilling situations, I hope there will be someone that can continue on this project. good luck with your college by the way, yeah I know how school work is such a pain in the ass but with much effort and faith, you might end up with a really good job, and thus continue back your gaming habit for warcraft. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.