• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pet system is now 100% operational, even damage system configuration.
Just abilities left, both for pets and hero to be added.
Quest 2 need to be finished, and I will start with quest 3 and trust me story will be moved forward even more.
I already added some items (comment is few pages back) and will add some more.
I have some cool systems on my mind as well, will see can I add that into this version or next one (related to creeps and battle, how to make it more dynamic).

Could you also make shopkeepers sell at least one of each kind of item type so as a mage you don´t have to wait to level 5 to get your first staff
Now when I think about it, I will see can I create few rare or unique items and add those into shop, because selling basic common and uncommon ones makes no sense, you will get thousand of those :D

Off course rare will cost from 500 - 2.500 gold, and unique from 1.250 - 5.000 ^_^

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
SotP_Orb.png
Progress...
Monday, January 14 2013 00:15
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2275828-post1.html

I will keep that on mind. I use really huge and complex cinematic system, created by Anitarf (and iNfraNe) to handle this and later many new cinematics related to SotP.

Right now I use like 1.5 or 2 actions per second. Their cinematic use 4, 4.5 just to illustrate how poor my skill is. But I found it easier and easier to use, and hopefully I will reach their level. Until then more story, less actions :)

Level 11
Your skill ain't poor dude, what should I say... they are just better then you :p

Just kidding, look I would like to know more about the ancient race that lived in the land of SotP before the coming of men... now to answer on Remixer's post... I would make the Orc's live along side with the Men and Mere (mere-elves) normally, or with some kind of racism, that make's the Elves live secluded in their Stronghold all arround the map, but not all of them, just those that do not follow what the men and mere say, so they follow their own rules but not arguing with others...

Now that was taken from TES, what I can also suggest is that you look at LotR for example or at any Tolkyen's (or whatever the name was) work and take ideas from there (but I still think that TES is better)... now in there the Orcs would be a bad ass guys who kill lots of guys... while you have the Elves, Dwarves and men fighting against them right.... yea...

There you go also make awesome terrain, that makes your hearth stop ;)

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Your skill ain't poor dude, what should I say... they are just better then you :p

Just kidding, look I would like to know more about the ancient race that lived in the land of SotP before the coming of men... now to answer on Remixer's post... I would make the Orc's live along side with the Men and Mere (mere-elves) normally, or with some kind of racism, that make's the Elves live secluded in their Stronghold all arround the map, but not all of them, just those that do not follow what the men and mere say, so they follow their own rules but not arguing with others...

Now that was taken from TES, what I can also suggest is that you look at LotR for example or at any Tolkyen's (or whatever the name was) work and take ideas from there (but I still think that TES is better)... now in there the Orcs would be a bad ass guys who kill lots of guys... while you have the Elves, Dwarves and men fighting against them right.... yea...

There you go also make awesome terrain, that makes your hearth stop ;)

So some kind of elves which has something other race also in them?
Like Rexxar in Warcraft III campaigns, he is half orc and half ogre and that is why he is called "Half Breed".?

Level 11
Dude everything that is in Skyrim is awesome ;)

As for the Snow Elves you are right... I tell you I would not use Elves at all, I would make some other race be an ancient race, there is even no need to know how that race looked or something like that, but only that they were once a grand race that used to control the forces of Darkness and so on...

Elves were always a bit... I dont know... I never liked them at all, and making them the ancient race is, if you ask me, not a good idea... but anyway.... Its on Kobas to decide :)

Level 24
Well I think it would be kind of brilliant to actually use them as one of the ancient race after all they are the oldest of all playable from Azeroth after all it was the dark trolls that became night elves.

Level 11
Well I think it would be kind of brilliant to actually use them as one of the ancient race after all they are the oldest of all playable from Azeroth after all it was the dark trolls that became night elves.

Now I did not know that information o.0

I would still use the Dwarves instead of Elves and Trolls... trolls just seem to be so stupid in every game so making them wise and power full... nah, i dont know :)

First cinematic will cover gods, titans and other eternal and holy beings. How everything started and so on.

2nd cinematic will explain birth of Elves, the supreme and the most perfect race ever created in whole SotP universe. I will cover some details related to their disappearance from SotP RPG world in present time and birth of the humans.

3rd one will cover human civilization, clans, wars, first kingdoms, everything about them, finally ending it with present time (this can be covered with few cinematics, dunno who long will same be).

I will work on SotP SPRPG map after this first cinematic, and add few more quests bla bla bla. Then after new update start working on 2nd cinematic.

Level 24
Marko9 I would argue with your view of the troll intellect since Vol'Jin seems more intelligent then most humans.

And -Kobas- it's awesome that we'll see some big cinematic coming out soon. :)

Instead of working on cinematic, I learned today that I have another exam tomorrow :sad:
How wonderful, working my ass of this shit, because I have like few more hours today and even less tomorrow to learn that :sad:

I don't want to mention that will exam take place in evening hours so I will be tired as fuck when I get home.

Shouldn't be big deal, I have like 2 more regular school days, then just exams up to March, but still it troubles me...

img_Orb.png
Progress...
Tuesday, February 05 2013 00:44

People, last cinematic chapter is finally created, just few minor things left to be done.
Final polishing should not take long.

Expect 8 min long cinematic really soon, and huge map update coming few weeks after it, with new refreshed terrain, new systems, items and quests.

Last edited:
img_Orb.png
Progress...
Friday, Mart 08 2013 00:38
Folks all around globe SotP is ALIVE. I'm back, fresh, and with many new ideas to blow your minds.

Hero Pick system
- Finally fixed and reshaped to look outstanding.
Hero Ability Talent Tree
- Removed from the game.
- Instead add 4 (Q W E R) ability buttons into Hero Inventory
- You can now equip abilities just like you equip items
- Each ability has unique Q W E R hotkey and icon slot depending on what position you place it
- You can trade, found, swap, destroy, use abilities.
- You can equip 2 same abilities into 2 different slots and use same 2 abilities at the same time
- You can do same with 3 or max 4 abilities (off course if you manage to find them)
- Abilities have classes as well (common, uncommon, rare, unique, legendary)
- Common abilities are mostly weaker ones, legendary can destroy army of enemy units.
Terrain and Indoor systems
- Added like 10 caves, basements and such places.
- You can enter almost any house and cave in so far presented world
Fixed Bugs
- Ranged hero will respawn as ranged.
- Fixed few errors in starting cinematic
- Fixed few tooltips
- Fixed many camera errors
- Fixed creep stats bug
- And few others can't remember everything

Last edited:
Guys I was working on new map presentation as well :)
We will replace our theme once again.

We used night elf one at start, then we moved to this Shadow Lord one if you still remember. Next one will be more related to Cinematic I finished few days ago.

When everything is ready I will upload both cinematic video, map, and map presentation :)

Status
Not open for further replies.