• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with importing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi all, I'm having trouble getting a dwarf (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/dwarfwarrior-49641/) to work after I imported it, I did everything the tutorial says, but when I click on the model to bind to the object, it automatically changes the directory from .mdx to .mdl and then when I place the dwarf it says it cant load the mdl. I've got the Frozen throne expansion installed.

Thanks all.

Level 5
No I've imported the texture, like I said I've done everything the tutorial says. I've closed and opened the map several times.

I think it has to do with the program changing the directory to a .mdl when its a mdx immediately after I select it.

Level 5
Yep I'm sure, and I checked it with other peoples maps, and some of their custom model's do the same "Unable to load (Model)".

Level 1
I also have this same exact problem. For a different model on this website, but nonetheless it wont load. It automatically changes it to an .mdl.

I've tried your advice to put \texture before the file, but it still wont work. I've closed and re-opened multiple times, and followed the directions on the tutorial given for the model.

Thousands of people have downloaded files from here, but im yet to download one because of this same problem over and over again. :thumbs_down:

Status
Not open for further replies.