• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Problem with AI AOS Skill Trigger

Is there a easier way to skill the AI Heros with hashtable?

• Easier Way with only GUI-Triggers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another hashtable system

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey everybody I need your help.

At the moment I creating my version of DotA (with a template (Ai Basics) from aleksandarB ) and parts of the AOS AI System created by Shinji.

When I play 20+ min I get this error: (sorry for my german/english mix editor I'm from germany ^^")

wc3-error-hota-png.371111

I browse some forums and this error appears most of the time when something is wrong with the map maker script.

I show you the AI Skill System. Its with hashtable and I dont understand it complete but it works normally until the error message comes:

ai-hashtable-skill-init-jpg.371112

"REINIGUNG" + "HEILIGE KUR" + "GERECHTIGKEITS-AURA" are the normal hero skills and "WÄCHTER-ENGEL" is the ultimate skill. (There are no level skip for the ultimate) The hero max. level is 25. The attribute skill will not be learned, because I thought its a part of the collaps.

ai-skill-learn-jpg.371113

This is the AI-learns-a-skill code. I dont touch it and it works too.
But my therory is that one trigger filled with over 20 heroes data in the hashtable with the "TempInteger" and "TempInteger2" variable collaps after 20+ min.

My question is: Is the hashtable system not compatible with my patch (1.27) or is there another way that uses hashtable for AI Skill learning and is more easier?

Attachments

• Wc3 Error Hota.png
    Wc3 Error Hota.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 84
  • AI Hashtable SKill Init.jpg
    AI Hashtable SKill Init.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 96
  • AI Skill Learn.jpg
    AI Skill Learn.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 75

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Could also be caused by an infinite allocation loop. This will cause legacy versions of Warcraft III to crash near instantly as its memory usage hits 32bit executable limits of 2 GB very quickly.

But my therory is that one trigger filled with over 20 heroes data in the hashtable with the "TempInteger" and "TempInteger2" variable collaps after 20+ min.
Hashtables are very reliable if used correctly. They will not magically remove or alter values.

If using custom abilities I suggest disabling some of them and replacing them with placeholders (such as modified standard abilities) to see if the crashes go away. If they persist then it is much more likely to be the AI system causing the issue. If they go away then one of the abilities is the cause. This is required to know where to look for the error efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.