• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Prime Matron Spell Special Anim Usable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Has anyone been able to use the "Spell Special" from the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/prime-matron-125142/ by dickxunder reliably? I have the same problem with it as this person:

When i try to give the unit a spell and change the spell animation names in object editor to use the "Spell Special" animation, what happens in game is that half the time she's playing the "Spell Special" anim and half the time it's the "Spell" anim (the spell anim is the one where she's dropping on her knees and waving her non-whip-holding hand in front of her).

Since the 2 animations are quite different, it ends up looking bad so I'll be using the Channel animation for the spell, which doesn't produce this problem. Still, I'm curious about this, so I thought I'd give a shout.

Thanks and REP for your advice/help! :ogre_love:

Level 37
I used Channel, set the animation to xxx (doesn't make much difference) and added about a second of follow through time.

• Untitled Trigger 006
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Channel xx
    • Actions
      • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(GetTriggerUnit(), 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.