• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Priest Skin Problems....[not talking about altar boy stains]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, I've been skinning pretty regularly, and have gotten the hang of most of hte problems..but I'm having a heck of a time with the priest/bloodelf priest skin. I've taken the model, dumped it down...and applied my new skin across it. The preview in the WC3 imageviewer comes across great, I substitute the model in and it shows me my new unit fine, but no matter what I do when I import, make sure the targets are all appropriate, etc etc...all I get is a grey wrap that is basically the alpha channel\teamcolor of the cloak and the crotch guard thing. I have made sure that my target file matches, I've also made sure to close/reopen, and the other noob problems. I was wondering if there was some catch with a few files like the priest one I was missing...or if it might have something to do with a model file that changes from Reign of Chaos to TFT. Though I did try both the Priest, AND the bloodelf priest model with the skin. Any help would be appreciated...

Level 21
Hello.
I have a similar problem to you months ago.

These steps will fix the problem with the priest why it doesnt show up properly in the game.

1. The skin file should be .blp.
Before conversion, the .tga should be 24bit and with a opaque alpha channel added with WC3 Viewer.

2. If the skin file has no alpha'd out parts you did, it should be 24bits not 32bits (will fix the problem but remove team colours)

3. If necessary, re-install your wc3.

Level 2
on that 24 bit thing.. i always do 32 bit .tga file before conversion and it always works great for me i dont know why youd have to use 24 bit. i guess i just dont get you ppl's alpha channel problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.