• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Power overload

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happens when Wizards do stuff that they can't control. Destruction!

It didn't turn out well because I couldn't use much glow doodads. They didn't show up because of the camera Angle, some bug shit thing who knows.

Hope you like it thought.

Updated to 1.01v.

Attachments

• Apocalypse.JPG
    Apocalypse.JPG
    217.2 KB · Views: 369
  • overloadb.JPG
    overloadb.JPG
    220.4 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
Level 17
Nice one, update is much better. I agree with deathhunter tho, you should add more detail to the foreground to cover up the tiles. Also maybe you can somehow get the glows to show up? Lava would look much better with some glows imho.

Level 36
I'd recommend rather than covering it up, using better tiles. The "Demons Heaven" map by Nan0 has some great tiles for terraining, I'd advice you to take a look at them and implement them into your terrain.

However, I've got to disagree about the new version being better, somewhat. The addition of the lightnings is a nice idea, though to my taste the center one is just superfluous, I'd remove that one and keep the two on the sides. I'd also say I like the mountain formation in the background better in the first version than in the second one as well. Other than that, there isn't much I dont like about this terrain, good job.

Also, honestly, there really is no need for glow models.

Level 23
I somehow dislike the lava at some parts...
Especially the parts where it "floats" land and rocks. Maybe fiddling around with some different techniques would help here.
Also what Keiji said about the tiles.
I agree with Keiji's comment mostly anyways...
Why did I even post. yeah the lava.

Level 7
Best part of this for me was the lava. How did you make it look so realistic?
Btw the sinking ship looks strange in a river of lava.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Skip the center lightning, sort of redundant in a weird way. Plus it looks like it discharge from plain void.

The ziggurat is a very simple but quite badass touch actually.
If you do add glows, make sure you don't mess up the vision too badly. Glows could definitely make it better, it could also completely ruin the scenery by for instance covering up the ziggurat.

Anyhow, just felt like speaking my piece. I like this. Good job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.