• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Possiblity Of A Mouse Turning Camera...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.O

N.O

Level 6
Is it still possible for as the title says since the new patch destroyed mine and now I do not know how to recreate it without I2U.
If it is still possible, does anybody mind creating it to show me?
Thankyou for anybody who replies.

Level 10
Most definitely is! trackables, create one on the top of your screen, one right, one left, one bottom, register a hover event, and make sure u create it with DestructableZ with the object 'Otip' so to move the trackables in the screen you just move the destructable since trackalbes cant be moved ( look at kattana's trackables tutorial ) though what i would suggest is use a fade that imitates the position of the trackable itself!

Hope i helped :)

Reactions: N.O

N.O

N.O

Level 6
Well you did help by answering one of my questions but the other one hasn't been answered because I know all the stuff you just said and I am not sure how to move the camera with the mouse on trackables.

Still thankyou for helping me.

Level 10
oh that, well experiment with the screen, change the trackables Z by using kattanas function, its really simple, you move the destructable to move the trackable. As for the player screen, i think there are functions that get the camera source, just convert GUI to Jass and try to find them and their natives in JNGP ^^ then move trackable based on the x,y of the camera source, assuming its at a static Z rate since the trackables 'fake User interface by the fade or destructible' like just create it at same height and change its X,Y basically. its really annoying to use trackables tho >_>

Level 10
you gotta use trackables basically; depending on the cameraZ, you place trackables, i suggest 4, one on right, one on left, one up and one down. Thing is the only stable model i know for trackables is the 4x4 trackable by KaTTaNa; so good luck with that xD

anyways just learn trackables through tutorials: thehelper.com or net, forgot its name, has a good one ^^

the only problem with his theory, is the fact that trackables are placed on the map, not on the screen. you could make them where the screen is, however since trackables cannot be destroyed, it would start to lag after a while, unless you plan a stationary turret, trackable screen turning isnt so wise, although if you delve in to the mpq, theres something that changes the icon for your mouse when you reach one of the 4 sides of the screen, maybe theres a way to set a trigger off that event, if so the rest is cake

Status
Not open for further replies.