• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Playing a specific animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
The model I use have to attack slam animations - attack slam, and attack slam - 2. I want to use always the first animation when he casts a spell, what should I do?

attack, slam not works, he plays random a animation between 1 and 2
attack,slam,1 not works...the same happens

Level 5
Their might be a better way to do this but you could use triggers delete all animations of the spell. Then add a trigger.

• Event
    • Unit - (Your Unit) stats casting a spell
  • Condition
    • Ability being cast equal to (your Spell)
  • Action
    • Animation play (Your Unit) slam - 2 animation

Level 13
Actually the best way to do this is to edit the model itself. Download Magos Model Editor. Then, open up the model. Go to Windows>Sequence Manager. Then, find the Attack Slam animation you don't want. Rename it to something like Spell Slam or Spell or any other thing you might think it's more appropriate to.

If you don't want it at all, download Yogbul's file converted and convert it to .mdl. Then, get oinerwinkles animremover and remove the animation from the file, thus reducing it's file size.

Then, reimport it when you're satisfied. That's the route I'd take.

Hopefully that's an option for you.

Level 12
  • Event
    • Unit - (Your Unit) stats casting a spell
  • Condition
    • Ability being cast equal to (your Spell)
  • Action
    • Animation play (Your Unit) slam - 2 animation
Just try using "Play unit animation (specify rarity)" action instead of "Play unit animation" action, and set the rarity to Common. It should use the first slam animation only.

Status
Not open for further replies.