• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Pirate Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
316tb9z.png

ProjectPirate Wars
Players1
TypeSPRPG

xn6dk5.png

Hello, more than a year ago I made a pirate themed map but somehow I lost insperation and quited it now I am back and I will put some effort into the map. The map will be a RPG map for one player, I will try to make it as simple as possible with "classic" looking terrain. So my focus within the map will be to make the features simple most of the new RPG's use advanced system for alot of things which forces you to read the bible for info on how it works.

20ifazs.png

To make is as simple as possible I have decided to have a low ammout of heroes since there is maps with like 16 heroes but who plays every single hero? most times you only player it once or twice. As it is now I will have 6 heroes, two str, two agi, two int.

2w6xjdw.png

I am sorry to say that the terrain is under construction so be VERY kind on the WIP's bellow I am not a terrainer and I have only spent one day on it.
29mx1rl.png

xfunue.png

m8isza.png

29ncp5h.png

2roonzq.png

2klyyp.png

24e9p2d.png

Chaosy - Creator, triggerer, tempoary terrainer

29mnncx.png

At the moment I am in need of everything I can get, therefor most people who wants to help out can join but I want a proof of you skills in whatever you want to help with.

To join the crew simply post bellow or send me a PM.

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Sad that no one cared to comment but I update it now anyways :p

I Finished the inn where you will be able to buy potions and I am thinking of putting a gambler or something there too.

2klyyp.png

I also added nice RPG themed music the file size is huge but it's worth it in my opionion.

and I updated the forest there are a few more spookey stuff there now.

Level 15
The name is very missleading for a single player rpg? And following on that, i'd prefer a multiplayer! But its your baby afterall.

Shipboarding mechanic is required! Also, why not just base it on a ship entierly or most of the time. That would be orginial, not saying your concept isnt't, but that what comes to mind looking at these bits of information you provided. Brainstorming on this, battle-cruisers map for pirate-ships? =) Lots of story and intrigue you can add instead of hacking away.

Your could do quests, mutinate, challange the captain, become captain, catch rats, cook, save person from falling overboard. Dig treasure I dunno... Lots of things. Look for land could be a mini-game with that scope system I've seen befor.

Also you could try to make the map playout differently depending on which character you are, or the npcs react differently, give them a soul, they long for it.

Lastly, what names have you come up with, cant have a pirate map without pirate nicknames! ;P

You could have the characters separate:
A dcotor, Merchant, e.t.c. e.t.c.

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
thanks for ye comment.
1. pirates have a hideout to lay low and spend the treasure you have stolen so a RPG is possible.
2. I want ships to be used but not in that way I am thinking of a rank system so if you dont have a shipyou may pay a captain to ship you somewhere. However if you are a captain you will gain free controll of the ship. And if you are a admiral you can have many ships at the same time.

I will still consider the ideas. Rep +

Status
Not open for further replies.