• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PHP tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Where can I get find tutorials and where to learn it? I am learning HTML and know many basics so far. I need to learn PHP now So I can learn how to make a Ranking Interface on my website.
My plan is the use the PHP coding to refer to a MySQL database, and have it call the information I need and display it on a table like set up I will be making

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 29
ya cause i didn't already google it.
I hate when people post useless stuff like that, How am i supposed to know which tut's are good? and which ones aren't?

At the point when you know nothing, what information is bad? When you know more, your searches will become more specific and so would the results.

If you have already google'd it, then start reading, instead of asking completely useless general questions.

When you have an actual question about something specific, do ask (or do the smarter thing which is searching for the answer online, because chances are, someone else asked that question already).

Level 6
At the point when you know nothing, what information is bad? When you know more, your searches will become more specific and so would the results.

If you have already google'd it, then start reading, instead of asking completely useless general questions.

When you have an actual question about something specific, do ask (or do the smarter thing which is searching for the answer online, because chances are, someone else asked that question already).

I did specifically state what I was going to do with php actually.

At the point when someone knows nothing, linking that "here let me google it for you" bs does not help.
Google can give you millions upon millions of links to web sites that have PHP tut's, but how am i supposed to know which one of those millions are good?

Its about 9999999999999999999999999999999999999 x easier to ask a question in a programming forum then to ask google.

And whats the point of a forum, If you cant ask general questions? or even as you say "completely useless general questions"

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I recommend Tizag for your basic starting tuts.

Its a great place to start. PHP, Javascript, Jquery.. whatever you need.
Their tutorials are simple, fast and on the point.
You can't go wrong.

http://www.tizag.com/

peq

peq

Level 6

I think that is not a good idea. The first result is w3schools.com, a site you should try to avoid (outdated material, often using bad practices in examples). And as a beginner it is not possible to see if a tutorial is bad, because beginners have not seen the correct way to do things.

Actually It is not so easy to find a good tutorial on PHP using google. I would try to start with a PHP Framework. It might take a little bit more time to get familiar with the Framework but in return the framework will teach you to use best practices and save you time in the long run.

For example you could use Cake PHP. Just follow the Getting Started Guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.